Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A boy and his best friend

Meet Teddy - Miles' well loved and long suffering teddy bear. 



She lost her dress years ago, all her stuffing is gone, and a month ago I had to sew her head back on. 

She used to be my bear. I gave her to Miles one night to comfort him. They were inseparable from that moment on. 

But as Miles has grown, Teddy had become more of a hinderance to Miles, than a help. He would rather cuddle his teddy than run, jump, play, and interact with other kids. He would sit in the back seat of the car while we were driving and hang onto Teddy. I couldn't get a word out of him. He would fret if Teddy was more than two feet from him. He would cry if Teddy every got lost under the mess at our house. 

So the tough decision was made and now teddy lives in the cupboard. Miles took it badly, to say the least. But he's pretty much fine now. He runs, jumps, plays, and chatters to me in the car. He's come alive. It broke my heart to see him upset at first, but now makes my heart sing to see him experiencing life again. 

This is my favourite photo of Miles and his bear. It now hangs on his wall, and he says goodnight to the teddy in the photo every night. 




6 comments:

Selina March 10, 2009 at 9:36 PM  

It's a lovely picture and beautiful memory for him.

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 9:53 PM  

aaaaaw Meaghan! I had one just the same! What a beautiful photo, I just adore it. You have made me tear up!

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

awwwwww that is so sad!!! gorgeous pics...

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE March 10, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

Oh Merryn, sorry! But it is so devastating though, isn't it, when it comes time for a little one to grow up.
Meaghan

Louise Treacy March 10, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

So gorgeous - but yes have to agree poor teddy looks a little sad! So cute that he stills says goodnight to the photo

Claire March 11, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

Awwww, so sad and cute at the same time Meaghan. Its great you've seen such a positive change in him, he is such a gorgeous lil fella.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP