Thursday, August 20, 2009

Boys will be (filthy!) boys

When you're in the supermarket and you see those kids with grotty faces, and weetbix stuck in their hair, and perhaps don't have shoes on, they're probably mine. My children are permanently filthy. And that's not without a lack of trying on my behalf to keep them clean. I spend my day wiping and brushing and scrubbing, but usually it's to no avail. My kids attract dirt like no others.

So it was no surprise that in a massive clean and dry park, Miles and Ryan found the only muddy puddle.

I had two choices. Yell, threaten, yank, and jump up and down in a polite manner with other mothers watching to get them out of the mud. Or see the situation for what it really was: kids being kids.



Luckily I had my friends Sarah and Lara with me to help me deal with the situation. When I say 'deal' I mean find the funny side to it all, and keep my mind off the washing that would be awaiting me.





Miles hated it. Absolutely hated it.



Ryan showing his future profession. Classy Ryan, so classy.



And it was all down hill from there.



* Meaghan

Note: next time you see those grubby children running amok in the frozen section of the supermarket, give her a smiles instead of tut tutting. Because it's probably me.

8 comments:

Little Pinwheel August 20, 2009 at 10:27 PM  

OMG! these are priceless, forget about the washing, these are the best pics for you to pull out on their 21st birthdays! love them! x

Angie King August 20, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

LOVE IT!!!!! great capture, I can see some 21st birthday photos there :)

kirsten August 21, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

Fantastic! I have freaks who can't cope with being dirty! umm after seeing these - I am thankful!~ hehehe!..

Anonymous August 21, 2009 at 12:11 PM  

lol! This are great! I don't know about just boys being boys.. My 4 yr old girl would give these guys a run for their money.. Lady she isn't!

Awesome photos :)

Renee Bell August 21, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

ohhh so much fun!!!! awesome captures...

Bianca August 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

bahaha... Ahh Meaghan, your beautiful boys crack me up!!
That shot of Miles just made me laugh so much I snorted! His face is fabulous! You capture these two so well I honestly feel like I know them!!

sarah August 23, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

LOVE this, had me in stitches. You and your boys are precious.

Sophie August 31, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

Love blog posts that make me giggle - the builder's bum shot and your comment got me!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP