Monday, August 23, 2010

Wedding -Lidia and Michael

I learnt a lot about family at Michael and Lidia's wedding. I learnt that you don't forget them. No matter how often you see them, or how distant they are. You include them because they are your family, and they love you.

At their wedding Michael and Lidia surrounded themselves with their family, making their wedding full of emanating warmth. I couldn't help but be moved watching the guests greet each other outside the church. They opened their arms, hugged, called to each other. It was joyous, just as a wedding should be.

meaghancook01

meaghancook02

meaghancook03

meaghancook04

meaghancook05

meaghancook06

Can you spot me in the light?
meaghancook07

Hello Michael. Stud.

meaghancook08

meaghancook09

meaghancook10

meaghancook11

One very beautiful element of Michael and Lidia's service were the AUSLAN translators. Lidia's father as well as other members of the congregation are deaf. They had translators stood up on the altar and signed the service. I've never seen sign language performed at length. I found the fluid hand movements completely mesmerising. *love* this sign.

meaghancook12

meaghancook13

meaghancook15

meaghancook16

meaghancook17

Not even August drizzle could stop the fun. We took shelter under the eaves of the gorgeous Melbourne Exhibition building as the rain came down, ate lollies, and largely ignored the darkening sky.

meaghancook18

meaghancook19

meaghancook20

meaghancook21

meaghancook22

meaghancook23

meaghancook25

Lidia, you are divine and beautiful.

meaghancook26

And onto the reception! Champagne cocktail if you please.

meaghancook27

meaghancook28

meaghancook29

meaghancook30

meaghancook31

meaghancook33

meaghancook32

meaghancook34

I need to explain this photo, and it's worth baring with me. On the right we have Michael's father delivering his heartfelt speech to the newlyweds. In Italian. In the middle is the AUSLAN trasnlater, translating his speech. But the translator doesn't speak Italian. So in stepped the emcee on the left. He was whispering the english translation of Michael's father's speech into the translators ear. Who was then signing it.

meaghancook35

meaghancook37

meaghancook38

This last great dancing shot was taken by my assistant Sarah. Priceless.

meaghancook36

And here's Sarah. Did you have a good day? Is that yes?

meaghancook39

Lidia and Michael are on route to Italy for their honeymoon. Have a wonderful trip, and eat lots of gelati for me!

* Meaghan

Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

10 comments:

Chrissy Torney August 23, 2010 at 9:03 PM  

Beautiful Meaghan - I love the details!

Nicole Ramsay August 23, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

Beautiful work as always Meaghan. Wonderful details captured. I could feel the love. Great job!

Robyn Geering August 23, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

awesomeness, such a brilliant photographer. Such a lucky couple to have you.

dani August 23, 2010 at 11:15 PM  

what a lovely wedding...just adore the bridal shot of Lidia...WOW!

Sarah Bowen August 24, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

Oh wow, I feel as though I'm really making it when a photo I took appears on the Meaghan Cook blog!! It sure was an amzing wedding to witness- thanks again for allowing me to tag along. Meanwhile I will now have to plot my revenge for putting that shocking photo of me up- you know the 'after working all day, it's 11pm at night and I'm exhausted' photo- thanks for that!

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE August 24, 2010 at 8:47 AM  

tee hee - thought you'd appreciate that Sarah!

Janet Palmer August 24, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

oh what a gorgeous couple! LOVE LOVE LOVE that bridal shot with her veil... beautiful!

Anonymous August 26, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Gorgeous pics Meaghan, you captured Mike, Lids and the rest of the crew beautifully. Love the way you made the shots so fresh and vibrant!

Justin Hill August 26, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

What a great wedding Meaghan! Love the natural, candid and fun moments that you've captured! Looks like I missed an awesome day, but I look forward to working with you soon@

Katherine Schultz August 29, 2010 at 8:06 PM  

These are all ridiculously gorgeous :) So natural and lovely. I adore your work!!

Please stop on by my little ol' photoblog at www.thoseblissmoments.blogspot.com if you grab the chance -- I'd love to hear from you!

Have a wonderful, happy day!

K xx

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP