Saturday, November 13, 2010

Wedding - Allison and Hayden [Geelong, VIC]

I stepped out of my car to photograph Allison getting ready for her wedding to Hayden, and I stepped in a puddle. A big old fat puddle. It had been raining all day relentlessly and I was nervous for Allison and Hayden. A few scattered showers is one thing, but heavy rain that makes your clothes stick to your skin in another thing all together.

I needn't have worried though. "There's nothing we can do about it now," said Allison as she was getting ready. She was determined not to let the rain ruin her day. Her wonderful bridesmaids were in high spirits, and Allison smiled and laughed. "I'm still getting married!"

And that she was. In absolute gorgeous style.

meaghancook02

meaghancook03

meaghancook04

meaghancook05

meaghancook06

meaghancook07

meaghancook08

meaghancook09

meaghancook10

meaghancook11

meaghancook12

meaghancook13

Allison, you are a natural beauty.

meaghancook14

Allison's choice of footwear turned out to be extremely fortuitous as they handled all.that.mud so well.

meaghancook15

Allison and Hayden had planned to see each other for their photographs before the wedding. I have to admit this was the one time in the day I was thankful for the rain. I know, who'd be thankful for rain, but go with me in this. We'd planned to have the photographs in a near by apple orchard, but changed our location to their beautiful stables due to the weather. And I'm so glad we did! Their stables were 100% perfect.

meaghancook16

meaghancook17

meaghancook18

meaghancook19

meaghancook20

meaghancook21

Allison and Hayden are very strongly connected to their horses. It made perfect sense to photograph the horses with them. These are some of my absolute favourite photographs from the day.

meaghancook22

meaghancook23

meaghancook24

meaghancook25

meaghancook26

Their ceremony and reception was held on Hayden's parents' property. A true family celebration. The planned ceremony location was supposed to be a wonderful clearing on the property, but the rain made that plan too difficult. Guests instead shuffled inside the gorgeously decorated marque to watch Allison and Hayden tie the knot.

meaghancook27

meaghancook28

meaghancook31

meaghancook32

meaghancook33

meaghancook34

meaghancook35

meaghancook36

meaghancook37

meaghancook38

meaghancook39

meaghancook40

meaghancook41

meaghancook42

meaghancook43

meaghancook44

meaghancook45

meaghancook46

meaghancook47

meaghancook48

The lovely Sara Taylor came along to assist me. I photo-bombed her. Not very helpful Meaghan.

meaghancook49

Let's get this part started, orright!

meaghancook50

meaghancook51

meaghancook52

meaghancook54

meaghancook55

meaghancook57

meaghancook58

meaghancook59

meaghancook60

My love, all my love to the both of you. It was truly a magical day xox

meaghancook56

* Meaghan


Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

9 comments:

Karen Buckle November 14, 2010 at 9:39 PM  

Awesome unique wedding captured in style! Love her boots and all the green accents! They look super happy!

Steve Elmer November 14, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

Hot diggity! I kid you not, I mean it 100% when I say that I am truly stoked on this wedding Meaghan. You did so well, the B&G will be stoked!

Lyn Walkerden November 15, 2010 at 9:32 AM  

Way to rock the wet wedding!! What a fun couple and it is so obvious that the rain didn't dampen any spirits here! Just beautiful!

Robyn Geering November 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

awesome Meaghan, they look like such a fun couple and you have capture this perfectly.

Kristen Cook November 15, 2010 at 11:17 AM  

Proof that rain will never ruin a day filled with love and joy

Lk November 15, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

I am always amazed by your images. So fresh and beautifully composed. Love the boots!

gemma higgins-sears November 15, 2010 at 2:36 PM  

amazing photography once again girl... the stable series are just beautiful (hope the horse didn't get TOO drunk ;) and what an awesome fun wedding! awesome to see you photo-bomb :)

Jo Ashworth November 15, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

how much fun are they having!!! gorgeous memories Meaghan, just beautiful

trish November 16, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

So much fun and love an what an awesome bride!!! Love your stuff Meaghan, and thanks also for stopping by my blog :) xx

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP