Saturday, February 19, 2011

Delegating: you don't have to do everything, seriously.

It's not that I'm time poor. I have as much time in my day as everyone else, obviously. No one has come and stolen splices of time from my life so that I jump from mid-morning to late afternoon without noticing. It's just that I've been feeling like someone has stolen entire afternoons from me. Around 10pm most nights you can hear me cursing 'how did it get to be 10 o'clock already?'

Then someone said to me 'you don't have to do all the things on your list'.

Oh.so.true.

My list of things that needs to be done is long, as is yours I'm sure. But I've decided that I don't have to do everything on it. I'm delegating, calling in help, or simply leaving things off the list. The children are in on the act, taking responsibility for tidying their rooms and setting the table. Then I don't have to do it. It's on the list, but I don't always have to be the one to do it. I can delegate.

I can delegate and use my time in other ways. Like encouraging Ryan to jump on the bed.

boys-1

boys-2

boys-3

boys-4

boys-5

boys-6

boys-7

boys-10

boys-11

* Meaghan

Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

5 comments:

Steven Elmer February 19, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

Just lettin ya know that the 1st image is ace!

Toni February 20, 2011 at 9:11 AM  

time well spent capturing your cute little guy!

Life at no2 February 21, 2011 at 10:48 AM  

I was hoping to win tatts over the weekend and delegate to a cleaning lady! No but seriously, I think there is a poem about Motherhood, and it basically says that the dishes can wait, time with your kids and family is too precious.

Helena February 22, 2011 at 8:12 AM  

so sweet!

Robyn Geering February 23, 2011 at 1:30 PM  

a perfect way to use your time, infact i can't think any I would prefer to do. yes, and I do need to take on some of this advice.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP