Thursday, July 31, 2008

And the winner is....

I've FINALLY chosen a winner for my 'win free wedding photography' competition. It's taken me so long to choose because there were so many great entries (and a big shout out to everyone who entered!). In the end I choose a couple who I felt a bit of a connection with, and could totally understand where they were coming from. And they are .... Jessica Baer and Michael Reid



This was part of Jess' entry ...

I was just reading your blog and i read that your offering free wedding photography to a couple who cant afford it... well your reading an email from one. Me and my fiance have been looking around for ages (like 4 months) trying to find a photographer who we can afford - we have looked at people from around Shepparton, Bendigo, Echuca, Melbourne and even in Coffs Harbour but so far we cant find one in our price range who is half decent or good. There are plenty of good photographers around, but we just cant afford them.

I surprised Jess and Michael with the news over coffee. They were extremely happy to learn they had won the competition. I was just happy that I could be of help.

And they're already being so sweet about it all. Check out the email Jess wrote to me...

Hey Meaghan.
Thanks
soo much! We definitely weren't expecting it at all!
It made our day completely!
Cant wait to have you photograph our wedding :D


That email in itself is the reason I ran the competition. To make a couples wedding day just that touch more special.

I'll make sure I post lots of shots from their wedding so you can all have a look. They're having 14 in the bridal party, so I'm going to have my work cut out for me. I'm looking forward to it!



4 comments:

jeska bear August 1, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

ahh meaghan.
I must say it is a cute photo of us. Thanks so much! We were completely shocked!
Your the best :D

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE August 2, 2008 at 8:49 PM  

Ah, all in a days work Jess!

almost~famous August 31, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

Bless you Meaghan.. you are such an inspiration.. I can hardly wait to see what you come up with..
I remember when you first posted for the competition.. and I wished i wasnt married already so you could take our shots...
xx
cheryl

Unknown October 10, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

What a beautiful couple and gift! This is so great Meaghan :) beautiful! can't wait to see the amazing pics you produce.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP