Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Discovering hidden treasures

One of the great things about moving town, is discovering what the new place has to offer. I've been so lucky moving to Ocean Grove, because the whole area has so much to offer. There are hidden treasures everywhere, and I'm spending my days discovering them with my little boys. 

My most recent discovery has been all the beautiful canola crops that are in bloom. They make me gasp. When there are stunning yellow flowers stretching as far as the eye can see I can't help but stop and get my camera out. 


This photo was taken in a field just outside of Portarlington. The field overlooks that bay and onto the You Yang's. So unique, and incredible. The sun was just about to fall behind the hills and Miles (pictured) was in a great mood. All elements aligned to let me capture a beautiful moment. 

Until next time... 
Meaghan

4 comments:

Anonymous October 15, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

lovely light

LK October 15, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

Love your blog Meaghan! Just beautiful and so is the light in this photo.

Natalie October 15, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

wonderful shot! What a location too!!!

Tim Klar October 17, 2008 at 10:59 AM  

One of those magical moments when the light in the image seems to come simultaneously from the environment and the subject - Miles is glowing :)

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP