Wednesday, November 26, 2008

New role (and I'm completely pumped about it) {Meaghan Cook - Geelong photographer

I mentioned recently that I did my fist shoot for the Australian Charity of Children's Photographers


I had the honour of photographing a baby who was born at 25 weeks but was not strong enough to pull through. It was a tough experience, but no matter how tough it was for me to photograph the child, it was a thousand times more difficult for his family. 
It was heartwarming to know however that my photos will be something the family will treasure forever. I hope they can bring even just a small amount of comfort. 

After that experience I thought it would be great to get more involved with the ACOCP. It's a new charity, just a few years old, so not many people know about it. Most of the members of the ACOCP would share the dream that everyone knew the service existed so that we could provide professional photos to all families who have stillbirths, premature babies or terminally ill children. In a former life I was a journalist, so I've put my hand up to be the ACOCP media officer. I'm going to do all I can (short of wearing a sandwich board out the front of the Sunrise studio) to get the charity out there. 

So look forward to much extolling of the ACOCP's virtues in the coming months. Anyone with good ideas of how to get the word out there, drop me a line. Similarly, if you work in either maternity or children's health care and would like to know more, I've got heaps to tell you! I can also be contacted on media@acocp.org.au (well, I can be, just as soon as I work out how to access my email).

* Meaghan

And I've been waiting and waiting for this to come onto YouTube so I could put it up here. 
Did you catch this? It's the Wiggles on Spicks and Specks doing a U2 song. With all the primary coloured skivvies, hand clapping and oversized smiles I forget that they are actually a real band. 

4 comments:

Anonymous November 26, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

YAY!! So happy to have you aboard.

Anonymous November 27, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

thanks so much for volunteering, it's wonderful to have people with such fantastic skills on board!!
Was so great to meet you!

Anonymous November 27, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

Oh, I need to join ACOCP as well. Good on you honey! LOVE the wiggles by the way! That is cool.

Anonymous November 27, 2008 at 1:13 PM  

I have the deepest admiration for you for joining ACOCP Meaghan, it is such a special gift.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP