Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sweetheart session sneak peek {Meaghan Cook - Geelong wedding photographer}


I had a magical sweetheart session with Robyn and Mike recently. We hung out at an old mechanic's, goofed around at the Queenscliff pier, and got our feet wet at the beach. They were completely relaxed, enabling me to get some beautifully natural shots of them both. 

I'm bursting to photograph their wedding - it's at the Werribee Zoo. It's not everyday you get to have African animals in the background of your wedding photos. 

This is the tiniest of sneak peaks from our session ... 



Have I mentioned what a sweetheart session is? Where are my manners?!

My sweetheart session is an intimate portrait session with bridal couples before their wedding day. It's a wonderful way to capture the love between a couple in a relaxed and beautiful manner.  

Sweetheart sessions are invaluable for helping couples get comfortable in front of the camera. Couples can get all their jitters about having their photo taken out of the way at the sweetheart session, and not have to worry about it on their wedding day. This gets better photos on the wedding day because couples don't have to spend the first half hour loosening up. Like I said, they're invaluable. 

Many couples have also mentioned to me that they don't actually have many photos of themselves together. It's usually one in the photo, while the other takes the shot. The sweetheart session allows couples to get a beautiful collection of photos of themselves. The photos become memories of a time when couples had fallen deeply in love and are about to embark on their lives together. I love the hope, invincibility and passion that always comes out in a sweetheart session. 

I think sweetheart sessions are so wonderful that I include one free for every couple who books their wedding photography through the boutique. Couples receive a few hours of being treated like royalty, hanging out at cracking locations, and getting beautiful photographs taken. Best of all they get to know me a little better, making everyone more relaxed, and better photos on the wedding day. 

Keep an eye on my journal in the coming days for more shots from Robyn and Mike's sweetheart session ... 

11 comments:

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 2:48 AM  

If this is anything to go by I can't wait to see their wedding photos. Just stunning! Oh and congrats on your new ACOCP role. I will be joining up soon so very honored!

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 2:54 AM  

beautiful image!

Natalie December 8, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

gorgeous photo Meaghan....looking forward to seeing the next stage.

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 12:38 PM  

Beautiful! Love the composition and processing.

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

Love the composition, yes great location!

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

Lovely :)

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

This is beautiful.

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

awesome location, love your comp too! love this

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

Fantastic - love it!

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

Agreed, it is a fantastic location!

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

Gorgeous - the location, and what you did there :o)

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP