Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Standing on the cusp {meaghan Cook- Geelong Wedding Photographer}

Ryan is almost ready to walk. Standing up is his newest trick. He had been attempting to stand up on his own at home, but we've got wooden floorboards which make falls really hurt. Ryan soon worked that out after he donked his chin too many times. 


We went to beach yesterday, and Ryan used the soft sand as an opportunity to refine his standing skills.  It was such a buzz to see him get up and balance, all the while with a proud-as-pineapple-punch smile on his face. 

I whipped out my sand-caked phone and snapped this photo of Ryan to send to his dad and nanna. I think he's going to walk any day now, so I've got my proper camera within arms reach at all times. Hopefully I catch it on camera, but then again, no biggie if I don't. Sometimes I forget to come out from behind my camera and actually experience what's going on in front of it. I'm too busy trying to capture it, to freeze the moment in time, that the moment passess without me in. Perhaps in this case I should put the camera away, and walk side by side with my son. 

3 comments:

Anonymous December 9, 2008 at 10:36 AM  

Can't wait to see his pics of his first steps - yes keep that camera in arms reach! You dont' want to miss that one.

Anonymous December 9, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

Look at the smile on his face - isn't he just the cleverest boy. :)
Don't worry - I don't have pics of either of my kid's first steps. But I'll always remeber them. :)

Anonymous December 9, 2008 at 5:09 PM  

Naw... he is so cute! What a clever little man!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP