Friday, April 24, 2009

The perfect way to spend my easter

My family has made it's own Easter tradition, and head down to Lorne Victoria for the long long weekend every year. My brothers and I, our families, and mum and dad bunk up in the same house and enjoy spending some time together.

I was more than happy to combine this year's trip with a little bit of work (photographing a family on the beach can hardly be called work though.)

I met James and Vanessa, their three children Max, Jonah and Eli, as well as Vanessa's parents on the beach at Lorne for their session. Their session was part of my work for the Australian Community of Child Photographers. Vanessa and I were frantic that it would rain, but someone must have been smiling on us because it didn't.

Here's Vanessa and James with Max.



James giving the most almighty bear hug to Jonah and Max. The boys squealed in absolute delight as James gave them a massive squeeze.



The absolutely gorgeous Max. I went green with envy as soon as I saw his eyelashes. Dark and long and made my heart skip a beat.



Little Eli. He as a bit of a serious soul. But truth be told I think it was because it was a bit chilly down there on the beach and he could think of much better places to be.



Vanessa and James are remarkable. Yes, they've got a child with a serious illness, and that must be very difficult to deal with. But it's not that which makes them remarkable. They were self-assured. Gentle parents. So in love with each other. They shared so much of themselves in the few hours we were together. I felt like an old friend catching up with them for Easter.

This photo of them just makes me melt.



This is my favourite shot from the session. The sky was doing what it does best, and James just wandered down to the waters edge to show Max the sea. It was unscipted, unrehearsed, and neither even know I took the photo. It makes my heart sing.



Photographing this family reminded me that Easter can mean so much more than chocolate. Vanessa and James reminded me what I aspire to be as a parent. There photos remind me why I became a photographer in the first place.

* Meaghan

4 comments:

Grow with Kris Leigh April 24, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

Absolutely beautiful Meaghan! It reminds me why I became a photographer as well :-)

Anonymous April 24, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

Just beautiful.

j. April 25, 2009 at 5:53 PM  

just beautiful!

Anonymous May 14, 2009 at 11:37 PM  

They are a beautiful family and you have done a sensational job of capturing the essence of such an awesome family !!! Ms fabelhaft

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP