Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Is that really a field of daffodils?

Yes, it sure is.

And it was pure bliss.

The fragrance rushed up and hugged us hello as we stepped out of the car. There they were, lined up in particular rows, just waiting to be adored.



And adore we did. The boys and I, as well as my friend Anna and her cherubs, smelled our way up and down the beautiful rows.





When I was a uni student I lived in Richmond for awhile, and every Saturday I would walk down to the market near the park and buy myself a bunch of flowers. The little old Ukrainian man who owned the stall spoke little English when I started buying flowers from him. It was a lot of pointing and nodding and smiling going on between us. Over time his English skills got better and better. He started to add little snippets to our exchange such as 'no worries' when I thanked him for my enormous bunch of irises. Then one day I was there and he actually said to me 'nice hat' and pointed to the felted cap I was wearing. I loved my flowers, but I think I loved the Ukrainian flower seller just as much.

Can you spot little Ebba hiding?





The flowers brought pure joy to the kids. They absolutely loved it. It was wonderful to see them smile and play and giggle. Fall down and get back up again. Point and laugh and laugh some more.




My most favourite photo from the day.



Off now to buy myself some flowers for my house. Bring some spring to my dreary winter decor.

* Meaghan

9 comments:

Little Pinwheel August 5, 2009 at 12:31 PM  

wow, don't you just love daffodils! It is the sign of Spring! divine photos as always x

Sarah August 5, 2009 at 1:08 PM  

I wonder how many more amazing locations you'll be able to make magically appear!

It occurs to me that people who make comments about 'living life through the lense of a camera' like it's a bad thing don't realise that it's often a photo opportunity that makes you pull over to the side of the road and enjoy your surroundings.

Anna August 5, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

Beautiful! Quite different to mine... guessing it's the 95% shining through... Didn't receive my papers today either... WANT them NOW!!! xxx

Bianca August 5, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

I agree with Sarah, my goodness you live in a fabulous part of the country. I am in love with all the yellow, I can almost smell the flowers! and they are so bright and cheery!! I LOVE how fun this feels.

Gemma Troy August 5, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

Oh wow what an awesome find! Beautiful photos!!

Gemma Higgins-Sears August 5, 2009 at 7:01 PM  

oh my goodness Meaghan... they are divine.. that field is divine. I want to go there. how can you not smile when you see that sea of yellow!!
DIVINE.

Christine August 5, 2009 at 8:52 PM  

Such a beautiful beautiful place!! Wonderful photos - the colors are so bright and happy! And the children look so gorgeous... these shots are simply perfect!!

natasja August 5, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

You are so lucky to find a field like that, I love fields, my very favourite place to photograph at the moment. These are just stunning :) Tasj x

Jo Ashworth August 9, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

beautiful meaghan, spring certainly is in the air, love every image, and yep I agree, how often would you pull over if you didnt want to snatch a snap!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP