Monday, September 7, 2009

Not going to miss a second

Every now and then, just for a split second, I wish I was still in Shepparton. Just for a fleeting moment. I had one of these moments recently when I was back there.

And it's all this little patootie's fault.



Remember Lara? Well she's all grown up now. Okay, not quite, but I feel like she is. She's gone from tiny newborn to roly poly baby in next to no time. Because I missed all the in between bits. I hate missing the in between bits.

Who would want to miss a second of this cuteness?



To join some dots for you, Lara is Renee's daughter. Renee and I met at mother's group when we were both staggering our way into the world of motherhood. Her son Jaxon and my Miles have lived every in between moment since they met at 6 weeks of age.



Renee and I spent so many hours together during their first years. We were each other's crutch. I know I wouldn't have got through it without her.

One time we even got all adventurous and went on holiday together. Two sleep deprived mums and two 8 month old children on a road trip to Merimbula. Despite the likelihood otherwise, it was an awesome holiday.

Miles and Jax were thrilled to see each other. Thrilled to bits. They haven't seen each other in 6 months, but they know, they just know how special the other one is.



Gooses.



So knowing I've left such great people behind in Shepparton makes me get a little tinge of sadness. I love them to pieces and wished I saw them everyday. But I knew I would when we made the decision to move away. It's part of the deal when you move forward, change directions, seek a different path.



So to ease the longing, I take as many photos of them as I can. So I won't miss the in between bits.



I'm not going to miss a minute of Lara growing up.



* Meaghan

3 comments:

Jen Stocks September 8, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Oh these are absolutely adorable. What a gorgeous little baby girl, and I love your photos of her! It is so hard being away from people that are special to you :) By the way, in your last post you wrote BOG instead of BLOG. LOL

Rana September 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM  

Captures perfectly why photos are so important :) Beautiful.

jackie cooper September 9, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Lovely work, the baby girl is such a sweetie.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP