Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two pumas, a beetle and a rocketship went for a walk.

Miles stunned me today. He was drawing quietly (usually the fact that he's being quiet would have been enough to shock me). When he draws it's usually scribbles, with the odd circle thrown in for good measure.

But today he drew this.




What is it Miles? I asked, trying to act all casual.

"A puma, a beetle, another puma and a rocket ship." he stated matter of factly, as if to say duh mum.

I was blown away with delight. I love it when my children surprise me. Love it when they do something I think is beyond their abilities. It's a reminder not to underestimate them. I underestimated him and was expecting scribble, but instead got two pumas, a beetle and a rocket ship.

I'll never underestimate him again.

* Meaghan

What I'm watching: Revolutionary Road
What I'm listening to: Windmills by Nicola Watson (Do yourself a favour and go a listen to this beautiful song.)

4 comments:

Bec September 13, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

Aww, that's too cute. I can totally make out the beetle and rocket :)

Kirsten September 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

OHHHH don't they make your heart melt!

Susan Wall September 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Meaghan, these are precious, and I love that you photograph them and keep the memories.
So cute!!

Bianca September 15, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

oh that is so gorgeous! I can see the beetle and rocketship too! They are great pictures!!!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP