Sunday, January 31, 2010

Storm in a tea cup?

The best camera you have is definitely the one you have with you. Hence these photos taken on my ipone.

After yesterday's events we all needed a little spoiling so we headed to The Dunes for milkshakes and smartie biscuits. And so did everyone else who had been on the beach when the storm hit. The kids wolfed down their treats and were ready to burn out of there. No one likes an overcrowded cafe, especially when their power has gone out.

There was a tiny slice of time when it wasn't pelting with fat rain, so Miles and Ryan made a break for the beach.





As you can see Ryan is totally fine. He was a little bit quieter than usual. He did a lot of sitting on the couch with his comfort blanket. I think he was still a little bit dopey, but that was probably due to the excitement of the day before, not his head injury.

Seeing him so well today made me feel a thousand times better. But perhaps a little foolish? Did I do the right thing by calling the ambulance? Perhaps I was overreacting. But my friend Lara rang and said I absolutely did the right thing. She's a doctor, she would know.

The beach is the best place to watch a storm rolling in.



See, Ryan good as gold.

Do you remember when you used to try to walk against the wind, and make it look like you were in a slow motion action movie scene? Miles was doing that.



Abandoned surf rescue boat. All the lifeguards were up in the cafe drinking hot chocolate to thaw out.



Blowing off a bit of steam, yelling into the wind and generally klutzing about was what we all needed. I think the wind blew off our overhanging feelings from the day before because we all went home in considerably better moods.

Thank you all so so very much for your love and thoughts. I was overwhelmed by the phone calls, text messages, comments on my blog, facebook messages and tweets. I'm very lucky to have you all.

* Meaghan

What I'm reading: Miles' 'what to bring' list for kinder. He starts on Wednesday!
What I'm listening to: Noble Beast by Andrew Bird

1 comments:

Bianca February 2, 2010 at 7:49 AM  

I love these photos! But most of all I am so glad to see Ryan back to normal. Big Hugs!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP