Sunday, May 30, 2010

Catching a break

It's been a tumultuous few weeks in my house. Illness came in waves. One child, then the other. Nights were long and filled with coughing and holding cool face-washers to their heads. I spent many hours just sitting with them, holding on tight, willing the illness away.

Just as we were emerging from the fog Amba called me. "I've hurt my hand', he said into the phone. Anyone who has a tradie in their lives knows these words can be some of the worst you can hear. Amba's injury was severe enough to require plastic surgery and I spent a tense day waiting at the hospital. He emerged very groggy and all bandaged up, and thankfully with everything fixed.

These last few weeks it just seemed like we couldn't catch a break. But there was one day in there, as the boys were recovering but prior to Amba's accident that we managed to enjoy. We headed into the lovely crisp autumn air and celebrated being well. We smiled, giggled, played and frolicked.















The afternoon out was just as we needed. Miles and Ryan ate their dinner hungrily for the first time in weeks that night. They went to bed without the aid of medicine or vicks and slept soundly.

Hope you're all well. Have a wonderful week!

* Meaghan

Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

8 comments:

Philly May 30, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Gorgeous shots! I hope everyone is well on the way to recovery!

Chrissy May 30, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

Just.so.cute!! Beautiful images and I hope the house remains well for you x

Rana May 30, 2010 at 9:26 PM  

Adorable boys :)
Hope everyone is feeling better, and you are looking after you xxx

amanda reelick May 30, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

Fabulous, fun, sweet images! Looks like you had a great time.

Unknown May 31, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

Glad you are on the uptake now Meaghan. Those shots are so cute but the one where your oldest is pretending to plant a kiss....made me smile big. Sooo cute!

Sarah May 31, 2010 at 5:20 PM  

Just when I thought Miles and Ryan couldn't get any cuter...this is off the charts!

Claire June 4, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Oh what cute photies! 2 gorgeous boys!
I hope Amba's hand will be ok :( poor fella.

Claire June 4, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Oh what cute photies! 2 gorgeous boys!
I hope Amba's hand will be ok :( poor fella.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP