Thursday, May 27, 2010

Pride of place

One of the things that I really got a kick out of when I was a journalist was knowing that people cut the articles that I wrote out of the paper and stuck them on their fridge. It's just what you do when there's a story in the paper about a family member or someone you know. It's what we always did. We even did it when Dad had a particularly good round of golf and his score was printed teeny tiny on the sporting results page. Straight on the fridge. It's kind of like the 'pool room' of The Castle fame, but it doubles as a food chiller.

So when I was in Geelong Advertiser this week for being named in the Top 5 emerging Wedding photographers in Australia, the article got stuck on the fridge. It will inevitably get covered up by children's artwork, supermarket dockets for cheaper fuel and those free postcards that you can pick up from cafes. But till then I'll get to see my big mug staring at me every time I go to get out the milk.




* Meaghan

NOTE: I've just peeked at my calendar for the upcoming 2010/2011 wedding season and there's not many spare weekends left. I'm extremely excited!

Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

6 comments:

Little Pinwheel May 27, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

well done lovely! that is fantastic.... you should be proud, very proud. your images are divine! x

Eliza May 27, 2010 at 6:51 PM  

Awww, Meaghan! That's so lovely. I'm glad you enjoyed the story, because I sure enjoyed working with you!

x

astrogirl529 May 27, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

Congrats Meghan! Great to hear how busy you are!

Joni May 27, 2010 at 7:16 PM  

In NZ, we would say this is "Choice!" :o)
Well done Meaghan, it's great to see you getting credit for your amazing priceless works.
I bet your boys are so proud to have Mummy's work on the fridge for a change!

Claire May 27, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

That is so cool! I'm very happy to hear business is going well too... it should be you clever thing!
miss you xox

Lynn May 28, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

I bet its up on nana's wall of fame too!!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP