Sunday, May 23, 2010

A revelation on an autumnal afternoon

I happen to be privy to some information which informs me it was Jess' birthday yesterday. So this blog post take the form of a birthday present to her. Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday Jess, and those wonderful boys of yours spoiled you.

I've known Jess for upteen years and been a reoccurring theme in my life. She is the older sister of one of my dearest friends, and as a result I've spent a fair bit of time with her over the years. She even employed me once despite me having no aptitude whatsoever for being a 'sandwich artist'. We had our children around the same time, and we've swapped stories about horrendous morning sickness. I consider her a friend, not just my friend's sister.





Jess met Mark, fell in love, married, and now has three vivacious boys. Reuben, Oliver and Liam are a whirlwind unto themselves; a whirlwind that you want to get caught up in to enjoy the fun. They were excited, inquisitive, playful and cheeky during our photo shoot at Werribee mansion. I hadn't seen Oliver and Liam since they were newbowns so I loved meeting them properly.









I'm always interested in the way other people parent, in the hope that I pick up tips and techniques that will help my own parenting. I learnt so much from my afternoon with Jess and Mark. They were a revelation to me. Jess and Mark enjoy their children. They laugh loudly when one of the children do something incredibly funny. They point out to each other if a child is being particularly cute. Jess and Mark don't sigh or roll their eyes when the kids bicker, they just get on with things. Jess assured me that it's not always as peachy as I witnessed and I know they go through struggles. But what amazed me that despite the struggles of raising 3 children (including twins), they can still laugh and enjoy their children. It was this which was the revelation to me.









Seriously, you fellas are awesome.









Happy birthday Jess!


* Meaghan



Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

4 comments:

LK May 23, 2010 at 11:30 PM  

Beautiful family, beautiful autumn colours and images!

Anonymous May 24, 2010 at 6:14 AM  

There's something special about three boys :) These boys are so cute - love their clothing. Great family photos.

Rachel Richter

Kristen Cook May 24, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Such a gorgeous little family, you can definitely feel that too hear Meaghan. Lovely :)

LCM May 25, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

LOVE that last photo!!!!!

x Luci

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP