Friday, May 21, 2010

From the heart

Sometimes as a photographer I get caught up in the technical side of things. Making sure my setting are 100% perfect and that the light is in the best possible place. My head is a whizz with apertures and shutter speeds. When I'm like this photo shoots can get very stressful becuase I'm caught up in getting everything perfect.

As i drove to meet Jess and her gorgeous boys I gave myself a little talking to. Forget perfect, shoot with your heart.







So that's what I did. I let my heart guide me. I concentrated on the connection between Jess, Ollie and Riley. I looked for what made them unique and beautiful. I looked for moments between them to photograph.







We chatted, laughed and looked for planes in the sky.








Jess has a wonderful bond with her sons. She was warm and kind to them during our shoot, and they in turn respond with overwhelming love for her. A photo shoot with two small children can be quite stressful for mothers, understandably so. Jess however was calm, serene and a professional negotiator.





These brothers are going to change the world.







I drove home with my heart singing because it was so happy it finally got to take the lead.

* Meaghan x


Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

7 comments:

Unknown May 21, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Beautiful. Love the lighting and the wonderful way you've catured the interaction between them.

Rana May 21, 2010 at 5:18 PM  

What totally adorable children :) And absolutely stunning photos Meaghan.

www.chrissytorneyphotography.com May 21, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

Beautiful images and I LOVE the light in these :)

Nicole Ramsay May 21, 2010 at 7:48 PM  

Oh how cute are these little boys dressed!!! So sweet. Such wonderful light in these.

Great job!

dani May 22, 2010 at 11:04 AM  

love it when you shoot from the heart Meaghan...what a priceless session.

Narrelle May 22, 2010 at 8:12 PM  

What absolutely gorgeous kids. Sounds like a beautiful time spent with them. Yay for going with your heart.

sarah black May 22, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

Beautiful, Meaghan, love everything about these.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP