Sunday, July 18, 2010

Helen and Pauline on a quite afternoon

When I arrived in France I was tired and overwrought. Not because of the long haul flight, but due to the weeks leading up to my trip being hectic and stressful. And when I say 'weeks' I mean 'months'. Its been such a busy year with Miles starting kinder, Ryan wanting to do more and more, Amba working more and more, and the business taking off into the stratosphere. In the weeks proceeding my trip all of this was catching up with me and I was pale and tired.

When I got to France I was offered the perfect solution. That solution came in the form of a pocket-rocket New Zealander and her family. Helen welcomed me into her home with warmth, and it was exactly what I needed.

Helen and I spent the next week sitting in her back garden in the French summer sun talking. Of this and that, of nothing at all, of everything that's important. She forgave me my life-fatigue and offered my her incredible cooking as sustenance.

Helen's daughter Pauline practiced her extremely good English with me, inquired about my life in Australia and gave me insight into being a 14 year old girl in France.

One such sunny afternoon I grabbed the two of them in a quiet moment and took their photo.





Pauline is now officially the sister I never had. She possessed both a fashion sense and a serenity I didn't know possible in a 14 year old. Goodness knows I didn't have them.



And Helen is the new friend I didn't know I needed, but am now so grateful to have.





Much love to you both. See you in Australia soon?

2 comments:

Antipo Déesse July 18, 2010 at 5:50 PM  

Oh my dear, we were honoured by your visit (and I would say that I don't think I've ever laughed so hard and enjoyed so many naughty words in my back garden before, except that Ms. Mac will probably read this and suffer, so I'd better not).

Please come again soon! Or else we will show up at your door with our backpacks!

Thank you for such lovely photos - a gorgeous reminder of a quiet moment amongst the WeddPrep mayhem!

Ms Mac July 18, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

Absolutely beautiful photos of Helen & Pauline. Can I be a cheeky mare and ask if you have a photo of Helen in her Maid of Honour finery on the big day that you could share with us?

The photos of Sarah on her wedding day were *so* beautiful. Sarah was such a stunning bride, the beautiful setting for her wedding was simply perfect for her.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP