Saturday, July 17, 2010

A wedding on the other side of the world

You can't put into words a wedding like this. For me it wasn't just a wedding, it was the whole experience - the trip to France, joining in the lead up preparations, sharing the growing excitement. Sarah and Andrew really opened their hearts to me, so much so that I felt less like a photographer for their wedding, and more like a lucky friend who was celebrating their wedding with them.

The setting was peaceful and stunning. The details were well planned and beautiful. The day was special and warm.

































I really loved the colours of the wedding. Non-traditional, but still extremely classy.













Sarah and Andrew used a champagne sword to open their bottles of genuine champagne (best champagne I've ever tasted). It's a spectacular method, and leave the bottles looking like this.











Radiant Sarah.













The food was Ah-mazing. I helped the wonderful Helen to make some of it. When I say help, I really mean stood in her kitchen sipping wine and chatted to Helen while she did the cooking.











An amazing wedding for a zillion reasons, and thank you Sarah and Andrew for daring to have crazy ideas that actually work!

We also did a photo shoot in Paris (cue photos at the Eiffel Tower), which will appear on the blog soon.



Contact Meaghan
| Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

9 comments:

Unknown July 17, 2010 at 9:25 AM  

im pretty sure you can get ready to shoot another wedding in paris, these photos are amazing i want my wedding to look like this!

Claire July 17, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

*gasp* *gulp* Gorgeous!!! My heart nearly leapt out of my chest seeing these... divine xox

Paristralia July 17, 2010 at 10:23 AM  

Oh My Oh My Oh My...!!!!!

W O W

Now I can admit I have been checking this page every hour for days, LOL!

Amazed and Delighted! Meaghan THANK YOU for the most beautiful souvenirs of the most extraordinary time!

How is it possible to be so bold an adventurer and yet remain so serene? That's pure Meaghan.

XXX

Janet Palmer July 17, 2010 at 5:15 PM  

Absolutely gorgeous :) you make me miss Europe!! And LOVE the dress!

Cant wait to see the Paris shoot!

Antipo Déesse July 17, 2010 at 6:00 PM  

We are completely thrilled with the results! My food and daughter are totally honoured to appear on your blog! I will hire them out at low low rates, so please form an orderly queue!

michele July 18, 2010 at 8:13 PM  

I'll write some words in french for you but I would like to thank you for the photo of my sons. So gorgeous!

Bravo Meaghan pour ces magnifiques photos très représentatives de ce que nous avons vécu lors de cette cérémonie!

Merci pour la beauté de l'évocation du bonheur de Sarah et Andrew.

Barb July 27, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

Oh Meaghan, your photos are absolutely STUNNING!
What a gorgeous setting, and each photo tells a story. They're not like any wedding photos I've seen. Bravo for your exquisite shoot in exquisite France. I'm so jealous, and would be happy to assist by carrying all your photo gear when you next shoot overseas. From a very proud Auntie. xx

Claude July 31, 2010 at 1:13 AM  

What a pleasure to look back at this happy day through your gifted eye.All our love to Sarah & Andrew.

Robyn Geeringw August 22, 2010 at 9:17 PM  

sigh, I just adore this series.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP