Monday, July 12, 2010

Holiday snaps

I know, I know, holiday photos are boring. Trust me, I've sat through my fair share of holiday snaps from places I've never been to. But I'm going to inflict these on you anyway.

Perhaps it's just the rose tinted glasses I got in France, but Paris really is a beautiful city. That's the rose window at Notre Dame. It was my duty to go there seeing as my high school was also spent at a Notre Dame.



Mini Paris.





Okay, this was weird. I was sitting in the back gardens of Notre Dame enjoying some chocolate ice-cream when the sky started to roar. From behind the spire came a hoard of fighter jets. Perfect formation. The soared into the distance, then another formation of jets flew over. And another. And another. Perplexed tourists turned to each other, shrugged their shoulders, and assumed stuff like this must happen all the time in Paris.



Finding this bookshop was one of my favourite things about my time in Paris. I'd forgotten Shakespeare and Co was even in Paris. What made it even special was that they were hosting a book reading there, so I stood on the street and listened to an incredible story from Darin Strauss. And what pushed it over the edge and made the whole thing surreal is that I'd already heard Darin tell the story on This America Life and it had really stuck with me. For an hour I was in unadulterated bliss.





I have nothing profound to say about Paris that hasn't been said before. All I know is that I loved it, and that the French really are well dressed indeed.







* Meaghan

oh and I promise the wedding photos are coming next. I know many of you, the bride included, are very eager to see them. x
Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

4 comments:

Claire July 13, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

Love love love!!
Lucky you :) The reading!!!!
Please change Paris to 'city' ;)

Anonymous July 13, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

Yes, mostly holidays snaps are boring. But yours are gorgeous, Love your work.

Anonymous July 15, 2010 at 11:56 PM  

Meaghan, hi this is Nina (Sarah's Malaysian friend at the wedding in Puiseaux... I want to see the photos...and do you have any naughty one of me? do you care to mail me some?, if you have any :)
p.s You take amazingly beautiful photos!
love, Nina (nina@greyjuicelab.com)

Robyn Geering August 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM  

I just want to go back now. Gorgeous series Meaghan

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP