Sunday, August 8, 2010

A winter wedding full of warmth

I'd really been looking forward to Georgie and Rob's wedding. Not only because it kicked off wedding season, but because I was looking forward to seeing them again. When we first met up we clicked instantly. They made me feel so welcome in their wedding. I'd been itching for their day to arrive.

And arrive it did, with sunshine and not a hint of rain. Being winter, the weather could have been pretty nasty, but we got one of those rare sunny, almost warm days.

When I arrived Georgie was a vision of absolute grace. She was excited, but calm. "I can't believe I'm this calm," she kept saying. I think she was just happy her wedding day was finally here and all her planning was falling perfectly into place.

geelongphotographer01

geelongphotographer02

geelongphotographer03

geelongphotographer04

Georgie, I hope you know how amazing you are.

geelongphotographer05

[Photo Details] 250 f2.5 50mm

geelongphotographer06

geelongphotographer07

Kudos must go to Georgie's bridesmaids. They were totally there for Georgie all day. They made sure everything was in it's place and exactly as is should be. They laughed, smiled and were a joy to be around.

geelongphotographer09

geelongphotographer10

geelongphotographer11

geelongphotographer14

Hello Rob. Looking very fine in that suit.

geelongphotographer15

geelongphotographer16

geelongphotographer17

[Photo Details] 320 f/3.2 135mm

My heart melted when I pressed the shutter on this photograph. That's Georgie's brother Cam that she's looking at. There is something unspoken, but so very real, in the look they are sharing.

geelongphotographer18

geelongphotographer19

The ceremony was held at St Mary's in Geelong. Have you been in that church? It's incredible. The monumental song they played as Georgie walked down the aisle nearly raised the roof.

geelongphotographer20

geelongphotographer21

geelongphotographer22

geelongphotographer23

Georgie attended Geelong College, so it was only fitting we went there for photos. The grounds of the school are stunning.

geelongphotographer24

geelongphotographer25

geelongphotographer26

geelongphotographer27

geelongphotographer28

So sweet. So tender. So in love.

geelongphotographer29

[Photo Details] 200 2.8 135 mm

geelongphotographer30

ovin-44

geelongphotographer32

geelongphotographer33

geelongphotographer34

geelongphotographer35

geelongphotographer36

To you both, all my love and the very best. Thanks for sharing your day with me, and being so patient with me battling through with my tonsillitis. Stay in touch, I want to know about all the amazing things I'm sure you'll both go on to do.

geelongphotographer37

* Meaghan

Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

17 comments:

Antipo Déesse August 8, 2010 at 11:30 PM  

Superb shots, love the spring buds, the happy couple, the DRESSES! The SHOES! You did a wonderful job, and even though you were sick. Bravo Meaghan!

Susan Wall August 9, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

What a stunning couple, and location. These are wonderful Meaghan :)

Belinda Cook August 9, 2010 at 9:05 AM  

Meaghan, what an absolutely stunning wedding, so beautifully captured. Love the wintry feel.

claire August 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM  

Wowsers girl! Brilliant photos! Looks like a perfect wedding. Hope you feel better soon wonder woman xox

gemma higgins-sears August 9, 2010 at 1:22 PM  

no way... wedding season already!? where did the time go!? but YAY!! stunning images, and wow, what a gorgeous dress! congrats to the gorgeous couple!

Fi August 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM  

Stunning photography! You're an inspiration :)

PS What camera/s do you use?

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE August 9, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

Hi Fi. I use a Nikon d700. I *love* it. I call it my baby. It sleeps in my bed. x

Justin August 9, 2010 at 6:04 PM  

So beautiful & real Meaghan! I love that old church and the school grounds - I havent been there for years! When are we shooting together?:-)

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE August 9, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

Sounds like a plan Justin. Any time you're in Geelong, would be awesome to have you along.

Dennis Mondido August 9, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

Meaghan -Great work! Love your images!!

Anonymous August 9, 2010 at 8:22 PM  

Oh wow you guys look fabulous! Everything looks perfect! And how spazzy does Dan look in that photo too! Love Anne (Caz's sister) xx

Kim Selby August 9, 2010 at 9:53 PM  

Gorgeous Meaghan. Love all the details. You have really captured the love. Beautiful x

Whint August 10, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

What a beautiful wedding... looks like a wonderful day... beautifully captured :)

Karen Pfeiffer August 10, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

So, so, so pretty. I adore these. Just beautiful. These all made me smile :)

Life at no2 August 11, 2010 at 12:11 PM  

Beautiful pictures yet again Meaghan. I'm loving Georgie's little shrug, simply gorgeous!!

Life at no2 August 11, 2010 at 12:11 PM  

Beautiful pictures yet again Meaghan. I'm loving Georgie's little shrug, simply gorgeous!!

Sheila Higgins August 15, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

stunning photography meaghan. such beautiful images that will be loved for a lifetime.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP