Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weetbix

I have eggs for breakfast. Every single morning. Ever since an insightful naturopath told me that I don't get enough protein, I eat eggs every morning for breakfast. I really love eggs. Scrambled or poached are my cooking methods of choice. But sometimes I wake up and I feel like something different. Instead of the carton in the fridge, I reach for the box of weetbix high up in the pantry. Something different. I still love eggs, they still have a special place in my heart, but every now and then I want to change it up. Everyone now and again, I want weetbix.

Yesterday, I had the photography equivalent of weetbix.

I had a rare break in my schedule, and seized the opportunity to go on a photo shoot that is so very different from what I do every day. I called Lauren, she rallied Aimee and we took to the streets for a fashion shoot.

geelongweddingphotographer01

geelongweddingphotographer02

geelongweddingphotographer03

geelongweddingphotographer04

Meet Aimee. Those eyes, right? Oh yes, those incredible eyes.

geelongweddingphotographer05

geelongweddingphotographer06

geelongweddingphotographer07

Aimme's warmth is obvious. I loved getting to know her, chatting to her about building houses (she's going to be my new neighbour. Yay!), her job, her world.

geelongweddingphotographer08

geelongweddingphotographer09

Hello costume and location change. Hello gorgeous setting sunlight.

geelongweddingphotographer10

geelongweddingphotographer11

geelongweddingphotographer12

So thankyou Aimee, for being the change I needed. For being my weetbix. You are gorgeous inside and out.

*A massive thanks to Lauren also. She organised the whole shoot on a moments notice, and was more than happy to come along for the fun. I appreciate that she didn't say 'um why?' when I told her about my idea for the shoot, but said 'yes!'

* Meaghan


Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

8 comments:

Steve Elmer November 21, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

I WANT SOME WEETBIX!

Hehe, these are gorgeous Meaghan, a fresh change, and dang! You can throw a fashion shoot down in a big way!

Chrissy Torney November 21, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

These are lovely...you rocked your weetbix!!

Kristy Bradford November 21, 2010 at 11:02 PM  

These are fab! It's so good to change things up and step away from the everyday. Lovin your weetbix :)

IamMel November 22, 2010 at 1:14 AM  

She is absolutely stunning! Beautiful eyes and amazing smile. Fantastic photos.

Leah Kua November 22, 2010 at 1:22 AM  

Foxy stuff! Love them.

Fran Paysen November 22, 2010 at 8:20 AM  

WOW!!! I likey. Well done Meaghan, beautiful use of light.

sofi November 22, 2010 at 9:28 AM  

Wow, Meaghan! Absolutely stunning!

Robyn Geering November 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM  

it's so great to break out of the box once in a while. These are gorgeous Meaghan

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP