Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wedding - Carla and Colin [Queenscliff, VIC]

Colin and Carla are well travelled, well read, and well loved. They are arresting, and draw warmth, love and respect towards them where ever they go. As their wedding day progressed I fell more and more in love with them, I couldn't help it. These two are just like that. You can't help but love them and want the absolute very best for them.

meaghancook01

meaghancook02

meaghancook03

meaghancook05

I had the brilliant and exceedingly well dressed Alexander Gardner along for the ride. He proved himself committed to getting the shot when he hopped in the bath to get just the right angle for a photo he was taking. I've always been too scared to get in the bath, but Alex has now paved the way.

meaghancook04

meaghancook06

meaghancook07

Can you see Carla's dress hanging up on the left there? Carla said she didn't set out with the intention of having a black dress. "I had no set ideas," Carla told me while she was getting dressed. She said it was more like this dress chose her. It was just perfect.

meaghancook08

meaghancook09

Carla made me smile behind my camera.

meaghancook10

meaghancook11

Alex took this photograph, and it makes me make happy sighs. Light on the skin - always beautiful.

meaghancook12

meaghancook13

Carla ran the full gamut of emotions. Just before this photograph I asked Carla to think about what it means to be marrying Colin. She teared up. In that exact instant, it hit me how much their wedding meant.

meaghancook14

Speaking of Colin...

meaghancook15

meaghancook16

meaghancook17

meaghancook18

meaghancook19

meaghancook20

Snap! Gotcha Alex.

meaghancook21

meaghancook22

From the ceremony location at View's End, just a breathe out of Queenscliff, I could stand in their gardens and look over the bay and see Melbourne. I never get sick of that view. It reminds me that I'm not so far away.

meaghancook23

meaghancook24

meaghancook25

meaghancook26

meaghancook27

meaghancook28

meaghancook29

meaghancook30

Photo on the right is Al's. Sheer joy right?

meaghancook31

meaghancook32

meaghancook33

meaghancook34

I'm pretty sure I'm giving Carla a tour of the gardens, pointing out flower names, bugs and fairies.

meaghancook35

Every part of Colin and Carla's wedding had great thought put into it. From their reading from The Alchemist, right through to the tie Colin is wearing. It's an old tie. Colin wore it to his year 12 formal. There were photos of him in it. And who was standing next to him in those photos from a decade ago? The beautiful Carla.

meaghancook36

meaghancook37

meaghancook38

meaghancook39

meaghancook40

The Queenscliff foreshore treats me so well. Both for sitting on while eating fish and chips with the family, and for wedding photos.

meaghancook41

meaghancook42

meaghancook43

meaghancook44

meaghancook45

Colin and Carla got ready, had their reception, and stayed at the Vue Grand in Queenscliff. Most of their guests stayed their too. Connie at the Vue Grand makes life for a bride and groom so easy. You can't ask for more than that.

meaghancook46

meaghancook47

meaghancook48

meaghancook49

meaghancook50

You've heard the horror stories. Of the photographer calling either the bride or groom the wrong name. Cringe. Well, I did it. I admit it, I called BOTH the bride and groom the wrong name, at the same time, in front of the entire group. I was chatting to everyone from my vantage point on the balcony and I got muddled, really muddled. The names swished around in my head and came out wrong. There was one of those dreaded pauses before I realised what I did, and before the people below erupted into laughter. At least they could see the funny side?! Apologies again to Carla and Colin, and shame on me.

meaghancook51

meaghancook52

Alex straightening a frame on the wall. Yet again, going above and beyond.

meaghancook53

meaghancook54

meaghancook55

meaghancook56

meaghancook57

meaghancook58

meaghancook62

meaghancook63

And two last dancing shots from Alex. These two made me laugh, and are the reason I love receptions. The boys getting a little silly. Gold.

meaghancook59

meaghancook60

Carla and Colin's wedding was one that I'll never forget, but not for that amazing black dress. I won't forget it because of the warmth that emanated from it. Everyone in that reception room were a part of it too. They were all there to really celebrate and embrace Carla and Colin.

* Meaghan

ps - Alex, thanks a gazillion. You know already how much I appreciate you.

Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

9 comments:

Kristen Cook January 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM  

Such beautiful images with heart Meaghan, your eyes have captured their soul. Gorgeous x

Kylie Douglass January 18, 2011 at 12:31 PM  

Wow, amazing Meaghan! I have loved looking through these images. You have captured the most amazing detail from up close and far away; you have captured emotions and moments with amazing skill and depth. I'm sure that these will be incredibly treasured wedding photos for the beautiful couple!

Alex Castle January 18, 2011 at 12:53 PM  

Beautiful shots! I love the emotion in them and the perspectives. They will love these!

Nettie Hume January 18, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

very special images Meaghan - well done!
kind regards Nettie

Sharon Mallin January 18, 2011 at 3:41 PM  

You have a very special gift in being able to beautiful capture love and genuine connection - just so very very beautiful!

susan wall January 18, 2011 at 10:07 PM  

Ok, so I might want these guys as my new friends ;) I love this wedding. LOVE the way you captured it, the story you have taken. lovely!

Katie January 19, 2011 at 2:47 PM  

absolutely stunning Meaghan! So much love and emotion captured so perfectly.

robyn Geering January 19, 2011 at 5:37 PM  

how wonderfully unique and different is this wedding. I simply adore her wedding dress. You have captured this with such emotion - how lucky is this couple to have you as their photographer.

sarah black January 26, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

Beautiful, special, photography my lovely friend. And what a lovely story you have helped this couple to tell.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP