Monday, January 17, 2011

Clare Bowditch [Self improvement 2011]

Ordinarily, I would have stayed in bed. A gig, at a dodgy venue, on a Sunday night, late. No thank, I'd rather have some quality time with my blankets and a good book.

But this time I said yes. And Clare Bowditch made me happy that I did.

meaghancook01

Clare Bowditch and the new slang played at the Barwon Heads pub last night to a small yet appreciative crowd. Amba and I, plus some friends shook off our sleepiness and went along. Clare's music is all kinds of wonderful. She's also dang funny. We decided that she'd be the kind of person that would be rip roaringly funny after a few red wines around the dinner table. Clare also knows how to swear in all the right delicate places, a talent I hold particularly dear.

meaghancook02

I'm tired today, but what's a bit of fatigue between friends? I got to go to the pub, drink beer (our of plastic cups if you please. When did they start serving beer out of plastic cups? I'm not sure I'm a fan of the change), watch Clare add Rhianna riffs to her songs, and hang out with some good people. I'm happy to suffer being tired.

* Meaghan

Clare was playing with Pikelet, which was a wonderful suprise. I'm a Pikelet fan (both musical and edible.)

Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

5 comments:

cazz January 17, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

You're a braver girl than I am..out on a sunday night!
She is gorgeous...and I might even need to check out her music! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

amanda January 17, 2011 at 8:57 PM  

Fantastic pics, looks like a great night. Thanks for introducing me to Pikelet. Gorgeous.

Belinda Cook January 17, 2011 at 9:24 PM  

Sounds like an awesome night! Great shots, she is beautiful.

Rana January 17, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

What an awesome gig, love her music, photos are fab!

Jen Stocks January 18, 2011 at 12:33 AM  

Fabulous! Loved reading about Clare too!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP