Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Seeing me for me

I wrote to my friend Sarah Black last year, floating the idea of her taking some photographs of me.

This is part of what I emailed her:

"What I'd really love is some quiet photos of me. Photos that show my heart. My soul. Too often I hide behind being loud, the clown. I'd love photos of me that show my quieter side, that shows my ability to be still, to be a little dreamy."

And these are some of the photographs she took.

meaghancook01

meaghancook02

meaghancook03

meaghancook04

meaghancook05

meaghancook06

meaghancook07

meaghancook08

meaghancook09

meaghancook10

I trusted Sarah implicitly during our shoot. I trusted that she would make me look beautiful. I worked hard to drop my inhibitions, to not worry about my physical imperfections. I let it go, and let myself just be. It was the very best thing I could have done.

Sarah's photographs make my heart sing and my skin tingle. She herself is an amazing soul, who shoots with heart and connection. She made me feel beautiful, and I thank her over and over for that.

* Meaghan


You can see more of the photographs, and Sarah's thoughts about our shoot HERE.


Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

6 comments:

Michelle Dupont February 11, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

Absolutely Stunning Meaghan... Sarah definitely captured your heart, soul *and* beauty xx

Kelly February 11, 2011 at 1:45 PM  

You are beautiful ♥ She did a great job I can see your soul and it's wonderful!

georgie79 February 11, 2011 at 2:09 PM  

Just beautiful!

kylie February 11, 2011 at 7:59 PM  

so lovely to see you ! I love these images - just gorgeous. Congrats to the photographer for capturing both honest and beautiful portraits.

Diana Baxter February 12, 2011 at 10:09 AM  

Hey are beautiful Meaghan, you look stunning and you can see all of your beautiful heart!! Took my breath away. xox

Di March 14, 2011 at 2:13 AM  

Lovely work ... she did good :-)

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP