Thursday, April 21, 2011

Giving my gift to my children

Sitting at the computer, cup of tea to my left and a jam jar of flowers from my garden to my right. Ryan crawled onto my lap, fresh from the bath with damp hair smelling of strawberries.

"Where's me?" he said, looking up at me with those blue eyes they all say he got from me.

"Can I see pictures of me?"

I flicked through my files, scanning the faces of smiling brides, for a photograph of Ryan. And I kept looking, and looking. Eventually I came across one. From Christmas. Four months ago! While Ryan was happy to see photographs of himself testing out his new scooter, I was aghast. I'd not taken the time to photograph him in like, ages. Shame on me, a photographer after all, who hadn't taken the time to properly photograph her children. Shame Meaghan, shame.

So as I tucked Ryan into bed, kissed him gently on the head and breathed in more of the strawberry goodness, the idea for this shoot was formed. To photograph my children with full intent and purpose. To focus my camera on these little beans, capturing this moment in time. To do what I do for my couples everyday. To give my children the gift of beautiful photos.

meaghancook-meaghancook-2

I love these photographs of Miles and Ryan. They might just be my most favourite of them ever. They've already chosen their favourites ones and I'm printing them for our walls. I'm looking forward to walking past them everyday.

Happy Easter chickens.

* Meaghan

16 comments:

Rana April 21, 2011 at 9:08 PM  

What gorgeous boys you have Meaghan. Love these alot :)

amanda April 21, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

Wow, what treasures! Beautiful images, wonderful idea, very inspiring.

Nicole Ramsay April 21, 2011 at 10:24 PM  

Awwwhhh I'm so glad he sat on your lap that night cause these are just precious - gorgeous beyond words.

nicolepearcephotography April 21, 2011 at 10:59 PM  

Oh my goodness Meaghan these are so magical. Good on you for making the effort, they are perfect.

Katie K April 21, 2011 at 11:02 PM  

Ohhhh! I just love these! Gorgeous. And this would have to be my dream indoor location! Where did you find such a place.

sofi April 22, 2011 at 12:06 AM  

Meaghan, you are such a good mum; your words as well as your images of your two boys are are just gorgeous!

Sarah April 22, 2011 at 11:39 AM  

Oh my, these are absolutely divine Miss Meaghan, as are your little men. What an amazing series...I am visualising a little book to treasure these in. And that location is wonderful too.Feel free to share lol.

Christine April 22, 2011 at 7:11 PM  

SO incredibly beautiful. really, could you have more gorgeous children??? just a wonderful, heart warming post, meaghan. :) thank you for sharing.

LBA April 23, 2011 at 12:18 AM  

Wow .. o .. wow .. o .. wow ..


Just divine - what a gorgeous gift.
To grace your walls and walk past them every day would be divine.

x

Pam Bradford April 23, 2011 at 10:37 AM  

What gorgeous little people. Love all the shots, the chook, the hats, the location, the happy smiles...

susan wall April 25, 2011 at 10:05 AM  

Adore!! these are just wonderful. And yet again I am reminded how far behind I am in taking images.

Nicole April 25, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

Meaghan, these images are stunning - simply STUNING. And so real, as all your photography always is. I feel like I somehow know your boys - just a little bit, just by 'reading' your images! XX

Robyn Geering April 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM  

I am coming down to Barwon Heads, and I am going to have to insist that you take me to this location for a photo shoot. Seriously Meaghan, what a sensational shoot, and of course, your boys - CUTE

victor fox April 29, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

OH MY GODDDDDD! these are incredible! i absolutely adore them... you are so amazing Meaghan!
xxx

Kylie April 29, 2011 at 1:14 PM  

Meaghan - I have just decided I am into betrothed weddings. Your two boys are going to marry my girls. They are gorgeous. i want one please! Will happily swap you.

Tammy September 16, 2011 at 9:56 PM  

These are adorable, the boys and the chickens.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP