Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wedding - Nicole and Paul [Wye River, VIC]

Driving the Great Ocean Road on my way to Nicole and Paul's wedding, I recounted a conversation we'd had earlier in the week. They were both, as so many couples are just days out before their wedding, kinda stressed. But I could here than talking to each other in the background. One was assuring the other, and vice versa, that it was all going to be a.o.k. In that one conversation which was full of boring nitty gritty wedding day details, I could hear the essence of their relationship. The way they each was able to effortlessly placate the other, bring a smile, conjure a laugh. They had each other's backs. As simple and as beautiful as that.

meaghancook-meaghancook-1

The ceremony location, an inlet at Wye river, was especially meaningful to Nicole and Paul. Nicole's family has holidayed here since she was just a tiny dot. And as Paul was introduced into the family, he too joined them for their holidays here. Just around the bend is the spot Paul proposed to Nicole. So yeah, special.

meaghancook-meaghancook-2

I feel blessed to now call Nicole and Paul my friends, which made taking these photographs of them very special for me. I poured my heart into them, just as they poured their hearts into each other. I got goose bumps, and it wasn't from the biting tasman wind that whipped up over the ocean.

meaghancook-meaghancook-3

meaghancook-meaghancook-4

Nic and Paul, no greater gift could you give the world than to stay exactly as you are.

* Meaghan

12 comments:

me April 28, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

Meaghan, again, you've just nailed it! So perfectly captured, you can really feel the essence of these two lovebirds. I love this post, some of my fave work of yours to date xxx

Mary-Ella April 28, 2011 at 6:04 PM  

these totally rock meaghan. you are amazing. love your photography style. i want to come and be your second shooter!!!

Mary-Ella April 28, 2011 at 6:05 PM  

that last post was from sheila - not mary-ella. sorry about that.

Robyn Geering April 28, 2011 at 8:35 PM  

I can so totally see the fun and love between this couple. What a stunning wedding. So so gorgeous Meaghan.

Andrea April 28, 2011 at 9:14 PM  

Wow. You are ah-mazing. And inspiring. And these are possibly my favourite wedding images from you ever - the fun, the connections, the love. Perfection.

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE April 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rana April 28, 2011 at 11:30 PM  

Oh Meaghan, these are so precious, they made me smile and a little wetness form in my eyes. What a beautiful wedding.

Kylie April 29, 2011 at 1:09 PM  

Oh my gosh Meaghan. you are AWESOME. You capture EVERYTHING. Love your work. xoxoxoxox

Kylie April 29, 2011 at 1:09 PM  

Oh my gosh Meaghan. you are AWESOME. You capture EVERYTHING. Love your work. xoxoxoxox

Anonymous April 29, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

Beautiful Meaghan.

You are my naughty secret. On a friday night when I am the onlt one left in the office, I log onto your blog and hope/pray/please with anyone who will listen that you have put up something new.

Today I couldn't stop smiling. This couple caught my heart with their sweetheart session- so natural and just beautiful! No surprise their wedding, and your photo's are a perfect match. Stunning.

Thank you for doing it again. You make me smile and my week that little bit shorter.

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE April 29, 2011 at 7:44 PM  

Dear Anonymous commenter,

You are awesome.

That's all.

Meaghan xox

Jess, professional bridesmaid May 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM  

Meaghan! You captured the spirit of the day, and Coley and Pauly, beautifully. No wonder Coley stalked you down to be part of the day.
Was great to hang out with you for an arvo, cheers Jess.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP