Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wedding - Natalie and Stephen [Geelong, VIC]

I pulled over to the side of the road to take Natalie's call. She was in a bind. It was just weeks out from her wedding. Mere weeks. Due to circumstances beyond anybody's control, she and Steve were without a photographer. I could hear the stress in her voice as I sat on a quiet road somewhere between Geelong and Echuca. All I kept thinking was 'I've got to help this girl'. No one needs to be that stressed in the lead up to their wedding. 'I've got to help this girl'. I looked up my calendar, 'yes, I'm free!' (helps to have a wedding on a Friday sometimes), and I could hear an audible sigh of relief from Natalie. The show would go on!

meaghancook-meaghancook-1

Natalie and Steve know what they like when it comes to style, design and aesthetics. And I must say, they have amazing taste. If there current careers ever grow stale for them, wedding design should definitely be there next step. Just check out the dots, the yellow, the cufflinks, and that chair!

meaghancook-meaghancook-2

Our second location was almost as magical as the first. As the sun went down, it truly became all about the love.

meaghancook-meaghancook-3

It didn't matter that I hadn't known them long, Natalie and Steve still treated me like an old friend. It was so easy to see their effortless love for one and other, and the love they have for their family and friends. These are two very blessed people. I adore it when good things come to good people.

meaghancook-meaghancook-4


* Meaghan

15 comments:

Karen Buckle May 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM  

Wow - you're right - gorgeously designed - love all the details - and the yellow! Gorgeous photos as always -Natalie and Stephen are lucky to have you capture all that beauty!

caroline bowen May 5, 2011 at 8:33 PM  

Wow...what a lucky break for this stunning couple! These photos are just perfect Meaghan...and what a gorgeous wedding...even brought a little tear to my eyes. I can't even pic a favourite...but I do love theones in the warehouse..!!

Unknown May 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

Simply Stunning!

Andrea Sproxton May 5, 2011 at 10:03 PM  

Oh my - I love absolutely everything about this wedding!! Especially the way you've captured it perfectly - the laughs, the tears, everything - just magical. Those locations - breathtaking!!!!

Chrissy Torney May 5, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

How lucky they are to have had you be free on their wedding date!! You have done a superb job for them. Just lovely!

Michael Esplana May 6, 2011 at 12:30 AM  

a job well done!

Sarah Belle Photography May 6, 2011 at 8:27 AM  

Absolutely love all the shots of the boys playing around, they look like such a fun bunch of people!

Janet Palmer May 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

absolutely gorgeous! Love all the locations and details... & of course the sweet happy couple :)

Jon May 6, 2011 at 11:40 AM  

I'm a close friend of Steve's and Natalie's (self-proclaimed) who unfortunately could not make the wedding as I was on the other side of the world.

Thank you so much for these gorgeous photos! I cannot pick a favourite, so many beautiful shots.

Cheers

Jonty May 6, 2011 at 3:44 PM  

I am not the Jon who posted above.

I'm a slightly better Jon.

Angela Stewart May 8, 2011 at 1:49 PM  

I have no idea who this couple had chosen as their original wedding photographer, but I'll bet they are VERY happy to have found you and your fabulous talent...what a blessing!!

Anonymous May 16, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

Just wondering where was there reception held?? the hall looks amazing....is it Geelong collage banquat hall?
Cheers
Stacey

Stephen May 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM  

We are so so so happy with these photos! We love them and are so proud of the way you captured our day! Thank you thank you thank you!! Meaghan Cook, you are a legend!

BTW: the reception is Geelong College Dining Hall

Lynda Oxley May 26, 2011 at 9:48 AM  

Absolutely beautiful photos - you captured so much 'happy'
Lynda Oxley

Robyn Geering May 31, 2011 at 11:14 AM  

oh my word, what a gorgeous gorgeous wedding - hooley dooley, such awesome style. I LOVE all of the gorgeous details, and the polka dot dresses with yellow shoes, and just wow wow wow.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP