Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lyndel and John [Steiglitz, VIC]

It was time.

Lyndel and John had been together for many years. They'd loved, laughed, made a home, had children. Their life was blissful, full to the point of overflowing. And now it was time.

This was their day. Despite having so many other things in their lives holding them together this was their day to commit purely for the sake of love.

It was time.

meaghancook-meaghancook-1

Have you ever been to Steiglitz? It's worth the visit. Not only for the gorgeous chapel where Lyndel and John were married, but for the beautiful view and crisp air. If you slouch down just right in your seat in the chapel, and look out the window, it feels like you're floating on top of the trees.

meaghancook-meaghancook-2

meaghancook-meaghancook-3

I overheard people's conversations as they milled around outside the church ( I can take photos and eavesdrop at the same time, tricky). One thing kept being repeated. 'They look so happy'.

John and Lyndel, you really do look so happy.

meaghancook-meaghancook-4

Back at home, amoung family and friends, in the still of the night, they celebrated.

meaghancook-meaghancook-5

My love, the whole lot of it, to you both.

* Meaghan

Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

9 comments:

Katie K May 10, 2011 at 8:08 PM  

This is just BEAUTIFUL Meaghan. So much emotion, perfectly captured. I also love, love, LOVE your images towards the end of the ceremony and outdoors afterwards because the LIGHT is just HEAVENLY!!!

Toni May 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

wow. you are doing amazing work Meaghan. I am blown away every time you blog a wedding. AND inspired! Thank you & congrats!

Whint May 10, 2011 at 9:51 PM  

just beautiful... love the whole feel of their wedding... love it all :)

Sarah May 10, 2011 at 10:25 PM  

What awfully attractive people! I love this shoot - love the church, love the flowers. Totes amaze meags!

Sarah May 10, 2011 at 11:12 PM  

Love the way you tell the story of this beautiful couple on their wedding day, just gorgeous! And how cute are their kids!

Kylie Douglass May 11, 2011 at 1:06 PM  

Wow, these are just amazing Meaghan. Who could ever want more from the photos of their special day. You have captured everything so beautifully - the details, the imtimacy, the fun, laughter and love of the day. The story of their day will always be with them when they look at these photos. Beautiful.

LBA May 11, 2011 at 2:30 PM  

I love this series .. and is that a stubby holder with ice sticking to it? lol ... I can see so much love in these images, of time spent, of friends, of family, and now, finally, a wedding.

*mwah*

And I know it is now ages old ( and unrelated ), but that header of you that S. took .. God I love it .. i've never met you, but if you are anything like that image says, then I think I like you ;)

Just sayin'x

Karen Pfeiffer Photography May 11, 2011 at 7:41 PM  

I always, always look forward to your blog posts. Your wedding work is simply beautiful and I always smile as I scroll down!! Love these, and yes, they do look so incredibly happy. Beautiful!!

Anonymous May 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM  

Fantastic Meaghan
I am constantly looking at you blog and thinking wow that's going to be me one day!!!.....when our house is renovated and we can afford our wedding!!!
Then today the lovley wedding in stiglitz.....one of our top three perspective locations!!! We stumbled across the little town on a exploring drive about 4 years ago...and we keep on going back to have a pie at the little cafe :) and I must say it has moved up the list as your photo really capture unique feel of the place and the warmth of the beatiful family wedding.
Cheers Stacey

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP