Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A GIFT [by Meaghan Cook - Geelong Photographer]


I headed back up to Shepparton recently to visit family and friends. While I was there I had the absolute pleasure of photographing little Blake. 


Blake is the second son of one of my dearest friends. He arrived a month early, but was fighting fit. He's been nothing but a delight since day one (well, apart from some nasty wind pains that make me want to cry whenever he gets them. Poor tot!). He lazed in the beautiful afternoon sun while I took his photo. He snoozed through most of the shoot, which made for some really special curled up photos. 



There's something so special and wonderful when friends have babies. I really love seeing their joy and glow. I especially love meeting the new bub when they are born, after months of staring at their mother's bulging belly.  Plus I love being able to help out - hold the baby, burb the baby, photography the baby. 


It's such a joy (I'm sounding all mushy now), and I can't wait until more of my friends have children. Yes girls, that's a *hint*.

*Meaghan

4 comments:

Nicole October 29, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

Awwwhhhh...he looks like a gift. Gorgeous stuff!

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

oh very cute.. love the first one and the belly is devine

Vintage Darling October 30, 2008 at 1:51 AM  

awww bless!!!
thanks for making me even cluckier...
=p

Lars October 30, 2008 at 9:12 AM  

Hi Meags - it's a tough gig encouraging babies out of us isn't it! I still can't plan what to do this weekend let alone when produce kin. Having said that your photos sometimes tempt me - your little tackers are particularly adorable and if I could have a baby with azure eyes...

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP