Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You've got to be fit to be a wedding photographer

News in my world is that I've started going to the gym. I've been huffing and puffing and sweating and cussing and and throwing myself around in an attempt to get fit (read: lose the 8 extra bags of oranges I'm hauling around). 


I used to go to the gym, way back in the day. Before babies, and stress-induced chocolate binges, and sitting in front of the computer for hours editing photos. It was much easier then. I could grapevine for hours. Now I can barely lift my arms to feed myself a grape the next morning.

 In some ways though, it was harder. When I was younger it was all about looking good, checking out the chick next to me and making sure my butt was smaller than hers, and checking out which hot boys were checking me out. This time round, I don't give a bouncy butt about any of that stuff. I'm content to be the un-coordinated one wearing mismatching socks, an oversized t-shirt with holes in it and a beet-red face. But if you see me gagging for breath while doing a very awkward version of the nutbush, I don't advise offering me assistance. I might collapse in your arms and beg you to take me to the nearest bakery! 

Ryan loves dressing up in beads, can you tell? Wasn't so impressed with me when I took this photo of him, but I love love love it. 

sheppartonweddingphotographer

And I love his downy baby fluff. 

geelongweddingphotographer

8 comments:

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

well done Meaghan! your post made me laugh out loud!
love the pics too :) ... Kx

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 1:01 PM  

That is quite a sophisticated look on little Ryan's face - there are lots of photos of my brother doing that face - I like the emotion! I wonder if Ryan will be just as forceful in his opinions as my bro? It is indeed a stunning photo.
What is your favourite cheesy gym song at the moment?

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

well done!! love that pic, the beads are so cute!! he looks real impressed that mum took a photo!

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

I laughed out loud as well! I was visualising the whole thing in detail and wishing I had the courage to do the same. Heaven knows I have more than 8 bags of oranges to shed! Great photos as well.

Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

rofl... how sweet is he!

You go girl! Hope the oranges fall off easy for you!

kim selby February 11, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

This is too cute. So lovely to get these sorts of images - showing 'tantys and all' - otherwise you forget too quickly

Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

Awww so cute!

Renee Bell February 13, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

yep _ I am laughing out loud aswell...
good luck on your orange shedding journey xxx

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP