Monday, March 2, 2009

Such a kick seeing your name in print

Many moons ago I was a journalist. I wrote stories about football games, court trials and 80th wedding anniversaries with aplomb. One thing that I always got a kick out of was seeing my name in print. 'Dog rescues owner from car wreck' by Meaghan Cook. Sends little tingles down my spine. 


So naturally I was thrilled to bits to see my name in print again, especially since I've given up the journalism gig.  I've got an article in the current issue of Bride and Groom. 



The article is about choosing a wedding photographer. Don't worry, I was totally unbiased, although I did just want to write 'PICK ME!' all the way through it. 



See the little red boxes. That's my name. Feels good! 



And my ad.... 




It was great getting back into writing. Writing was my first passion, and I studied it at University. Essentially what I love about it is the ability to tell a story.  So when I think about it, it makes total sense that I crossed over into photography. I tell people's stories with my photos as well. And what is it they say about a picture speaking a thousand words? 

This great magazine is put out by McPherson Publishing, the great folks I used to work for when I wrote for the Shepparton News.  Visit GV Bride and Groom website for more information. You can pick up copies from the Shepp News and local newsagents in the Goulburn Valley area. It's well worth it because there's load of great information that will make planning a wedding so much easier.  

Oh wait, I've got spare copies! If you would like one simply email me meaghan@meaghancook.com and I'l send one to you. 

I'm off to stick my article on the fridge. 

9 comments:

Stella Pics March 2, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

yippeee for you!!
send me a copy, i have an idea!

Anonymous March 2, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

WooHoo Meaghan, Thats awesome. Best I've ever done is a Volkswagen Magazine!!

Congrats!

Anonymous March 2, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

Congratulations, that is so fantastic!! Well done.

Anonymous March 2, 2009 at 9:35 PM  

Wow, Meaghan, that's such terrific news. Looks like a great article and gorgeous pic!

Anonymous March 2, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

yay yay yay - so exciting!!!!
Love the ad :-)

Curtis Copeland March 3, 2009 at 2:47 AM  

Congratulations! You images definitely deserves the recognition. Keep up the great work!

Curtis

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

congrats lady... fantastic way to team two of your many talents!!
well done! Article looks great! xx

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 11:39 PM  

OH my goodness that is exciting... I agree, seeing my name in print is always great fun! :)

Anonymous March 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM  

woot! Congrats muchly!!!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP