Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cartin family get beachy

Saturday mornings are for cleaning the house, doing the washing, running all over town to kid's sporting matches. They're busy, full of hustle and bustle as we all try to get the things we need to do completed to we can really relax into the weekend.

One such Saturday morning I took some time out from the run of the mill Saturday morning stuff and photographed the Cartin family.

There's Tess: spirited, enigmatic and a rabble rouser.



Charlotte: serene, intelligent and full of warmth.



And the youngest Jemima: independent, charismatic and a little girl going places.



We ventured down to where the river meets the ocean at Barwon Heads. It's a truly magical spot, but holds significant meaning for Dave. He's grown up here in Barwon Heads, and wanted photos that captured the widely recognised Barwon Heads bridge before it is redeveloped.

The wood work on this bridge can tell so many stories.


I dragged this old yet entirely wonderful couch down onto the beach. It was well worth the heaving and trudging through the thick sand to get it there.





My two favourite photos from our session. I just love Charlote's expression in this one. So much going on in that little head.



And this photo speaks for itself.




This is the wonderful slideshow from the session.




Hanging out on the beach in bare feet with me jeans rolled up getting to know a family. The perfect way to escape the Saturday morning chores.

*Meaghan

4 comments:

Danielle Stahl April 19, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

Beautiful Meaghan. Love that old couch!

Lyn Walkerden April 20, 2009 at 12:09 AM  

Souns like my kind of Saturday! Great photos of a gorgeous family and I love that couch!

Sharon April 20, 2009 at 12:45 AM  

I wish we were close enough to the beach to do that! Looks like a fantastic day. Beautiful images. I love the first two!

sonia April 25, 2009 at 1:06 AM  

oh so beautiful .. you must be nearby .. I remember now ... we are in Barwon Heads each Monday ... :)


s

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP