Monday, April 20, 2009

Sarah salutes the sun

I was very excited when my friend Sarah announced that she was having another baby. My reason for being excited, apart from being happy that there would soon be a new baby in their lives, was that I would get to take some pregnancy photos of Sarah.

I told her I had an idea of what the shot I wanted to get, and she did. I dragged her all the way to Black Rock, made her stand on a windy cliff, and got the perfect shot.



I was swimming laps when I thought of this shot. In between breastroke and the cool water running over my back, I saw it. The sunset, the silhouette, the bump. I told Sarah about my vision, and she got what I was talking about immediately and was all on board.

And when I snapped the shutter on my camera, I knew I had it.





I've also got grand plans to take the same shot at different intervals through out Sarah's pregnancy. I can't wait to see her belly grow on the beautiful sun-setting backdrop.

More from the session. I think this location is my new favourite place in the world.



We literally went rock hopping to get some of the shots. I felt like I was 14 again, and it was brilliant.



The gorgeous Sarah.



Another friend Claire came along on the shoot too. The three of us had a ball. Sure it was windy as heck and getting colder by the minute, but that didn't faze us. It was just great to get out and get some brilliant photos and spend time with friends. Here's a shot from behind the scenes. Claire helping Sarah with some wayward material.



And one more sunset shot. You can never have too many sunset shots.



* Meaghan

6 comments:

j. April 20, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

GORGEOUS!

Lana April 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

I can't believe you got So. Much. Colour in these! Beautiful.

Claire April 20, 2009 at 8:09 PM  

They look AMAZING meag!!!!
Wish I was pregnant again so you could take some of moi.... then again ;) AWESOME!

Susan April 20, 2009 at 10:03 PM  

gorgeous! so bright yet sensual, almost intimate at the same time.

Leigh Taylor April 21, 2009 at 11:48 AM  

Totally magical!!

Renee Bell April 23, 2009 at 3:10 PM  

OMG amazing!!!!
love the colours of the sunset :-)

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP