Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just because I'm a photographer ...

... doesn't mean I take a good photo.

As in, when I'm in front of the camera it doesn't mean I'm totally relaxed and chilled. I get all nervous too. And put on silly smiles. And look EVERYWHERE but at the camera.



And get caught talking. (Would you look how chapped my lips are. You can tell them winds have been blowing.)



And hide like an 8 year old to avoid it.



But it's a moment like this one that makes it worth it. It's worth feeling uncomfortable, feeling a bit silly, looking at the photos afterwards and pointing out all my flaws because I know the photo transcends all that. I love this photo, and Miles loves it too. I've printed it out and it sits beside his bed. And we'll both only grow to love it more over time.



* Meaghan

6 comments:

Bianca April 23, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

These are gorgous Meaghan!! I love them!! Look at those eyes, wow!!
I love the talking one heheh, its great!!

Sarah April 23, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Someone told me the other day that lively people with lots of facial expression take bad photos. I'm happy to accept myself as the former at the expense of the latter. But I don't know how that works in this instance cause you're as lively as they come and these photos are smokin! Might I point out the spooky coincidence that we both posted self portraits today!! Jinx!

Claire April 23, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Awww they're great Meaghan!! I adore the last one with Miles.
xox

Unknown April 24, 2009 at 5:17 AM  

Awwww glad you got on the other side of the camera!! Good to see you my friend!! Your beautiful! I wish we lived way closer to one another, I think it would be fun to go have coffee or something!

Gemma Higgins-Sears April 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

you are just so cute!!! love that third image :)

Denning family May 2, 2009 at 10:31 PM  

You are such a beautiful woman. I can now see where your gorgeous boys get their beautiful eyes from. It's great to see you in front of the camera. Feel free to erase the criticisms of yourself and just leave these comments from the people who have to look at your mug all the time and really can't see chapped lips or goofy faces - just a gorgeous woman/mum/artist/lover/friend (feeling all mushy after reading your posts.)

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP