Monday, June 8, 2009

Penny and Luke - Sweetheart session

Penny went off to a day at the races not knowing that she would meet the man of her dream amoungst the crowd. But there Luke was. Tall, dashing, and ready to sweep Penny off her feet.

Five years, a move across the country and back, a beautiful little girl and a new home later, Penny and Luke are getting married. Who would have thought that it all could have started with a shy smile across a busy crowd?



Penny and Luke totally rolled with their sweetheart session.
Me: pretend you're stuck on the side of the road mid way through a road trip.
Them: No problem!
Me: Luke pretend you're fixing the car.
Penny: He's very good at 'pretending' to fix things.



Hello gorgeous girl.



And hello my vintage suitcases!











Love love love this shot of Penny. Wish I had that girl's eyelashes!



A quick costume change and onto the next location. These two know how to do classy perfectly.



So in love. So easy to photograph. So brave in the FFRREEEZZIINNG weather.



The itty bitty love heart one Penny's bracelet showing in this shot just makes me *melt*



I think this photo below would have to be one of my favourites from their session. With every session I do, there is always one moment when I know I've got that perfect shot. I usually do a little gasp and the couple usually think something's wrong. I have to explain that I'm just gushing about their photo. This photo was my gasp moment.





Aw, love them to bits.







Hot hot hot!



I think I got along so well with Penny and Luke because we've got a lot of things in common: we all found love when we least expected it, we've got little munchkins, we've made massive moves recently, and we're all going to keep moving forward making every day better than the last.



Really looking forward to Penny and Luke's beach wedding in November. Thanks Penny and Luke for a great day out. So sorry about the freezing weather. I've ordered warm and sunny for your wedding day!

*Meaghan

10 comments:

Susan Wall June 9, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

Wow Meaghan, these are amazing! the love, the cuteness the couple (and the car!!) briliant!!

whint June 9, 2009 at 9:40 PM  

wow... this shoot is awesome... there are a few that I love the most... can't pick just one... lol

Oh and I just KNOW that we are going to have below freezing weather for our shoot in a few weeks!! brrrr

Fran Paysen June 9, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

OMG these are absolutely FABULOUS!!! Good grief Meaghan, I'm seriously blown away by these. Your story-telling is so warm and witty and the photos are so creatively composed. Well done, they're bound to be very very happy with these!

The Laughing Athlete June 9, 2009 at 11:23 PM  

WOW Meaghan! I also agree that the favourite of yours is also a favourite of mine! What a gorgeous couple and a beautiful shoot!

Nicole June 10, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

These are amazing! Great work. Can't wait for my friends wedding!

Louise Treacy June 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

Gorgeous work - love the whole concept of the session and your great story telling. I am sure they will LOVE them! :)

Anonymous June 10, 2009 at 6:53 PM  

A M A Z I N G. You rock, girl.

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE June 10, 2009 at 7:47 PM  

Thanks so much everyone. It was just one of those photo shoots where the start align and everything goes perfectly. Helps if your models are as great as Penny and Luke too!
*Meaghan

Sarah Black June 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM  

Meaghan this is just fabulous fabulous work. I love the whole session. You rocked it, totally.

Anita June 12, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Gorgeous shots and love the border effect on each image in your posting

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP