Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sweetheart Session - Kate and Carey

Strangers in a strange land met and fell in love.

That's Kate and Carey in a nutshell.

Seven years ago Kate and Carey left the warmth of their respective family homes and headed overseas on exchange to Sweden. They were both seeking the same thing: adventure, excitement, dazzling experiences. They found all that, and much more. They found each other.





Kate is Australian, and Carey from New Zealand. It amazes me that they travelled to the other side of the earth to find each other. But if one of them hadn't have filled out those exchange application forms, if one of them had pulled out at the last minute, they would never have met. Talk about meant to be.





Kate smiles with her whole body. She says she hates it. 'Too smiley'. But I love it. Because her joy is so apparent. It comes from deep inside. You can tell from her smile, her laugh, that she is blissfully happy.





Kate and Carey are so relaxed around each other. The chatted effortlessly while I was taking their photo. Sometimes I felt like I wasn't even there (in a good way). They are like a sweet tune played beautifully on a guitar at the end of a day.



Or a dance to music only they can hear.





When I first met Kate and Carey, Kate jumped up, gave me the warmest of hugs, and asked me about my children. Did I already know her? Nope, but she'd been reading my blog. From then on, our relationship was like that of old friends.







Their laughter is truly infectious.



Their wedding is going to be golden. I can't wait.

* Meaghan

13 comments:

Anonymous July 24, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

Gorgeous! looks like such a beautiful day :)

Jo Ashworth July 24, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

Meaghan, just stunning - beautiful location, cant wait for the wedding photos either!!

kat July 24, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

WOW. What an amazing session. You rocked it Meaghan. It's so clear how in love and connected they are. Gorgeous props and location too. I bet they're stoked.

Renee Bell July 24, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

OMG!!! I dont know what to say - totally speechless.
You rock my dear - the photos are amazing and their love for each other is so clear...

Gemma Higgins-Sears July 24, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

totally stunning shots... LOVE the guitar ones!! (but then I'm kinda into guitars LOL)
seriously thou - gorgeous couple, and beautiful images to celebrate that gorgeousness!

Anna July 24, 2009 at 4:12 PM  

Beautiful. Just absolutely beautiful. You are so freakin' clever, girl. x

(ps. Sweden? I know that place. Wonderful country... Might have to meet this gorgeous couple one day, and discuss, hm, meatballs?!)

Liz July 24, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

Wow, what a beautiful location for photos. Love love love these photos, and I'm sure they will too. They look so happy

Louise Treacy July 24, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Such a fantastic session - they look like they have heaps of fun together - well done!

Chris July 25, 2009 at 12:43 PM  

Very "cool & beautiful" photos - the wedding ones will be truly fabulous if these are anything to go by! fantastic work!!
Kate's mother-in-law to be :)

Bianca July 26, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

These are amazing... A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! The light, the warmth, that couch! WOW. What a gorgeous couple and what a beautiful story they have. You are the best!

Unknown July 28, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

LOVE these :)

Hannah July 29, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Wow - what an amazing session! I love all your props. I am trying to get some together now, I am still lamenting the loss of my old fashioned bike :(

Natalie August 9, 2009 at 9:09 PM  

I think everybody has said it all, WOW, I love the one of her on the couch on her own, so stunning.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP