Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Letterbox surprises

It would be someone quite peculiar that said they didn't like getting mail. I love it. (Apart from bills. They can go straight back from whence they came thank you very much). So you can image my delight when a lovely silky enevelope with my name hand written on it arrived last week.



Michaela and Leon had thoughtfully sent me a thankyou card. I'm so chuffed. I ask absolutely nothing from my couples, just that they have a wonderful wedding day. So to get a card in the mail means so much to me. It means so much that they've taken the time to write me a note to say thanks, when no thanks is required at all.

And of course I love their card, because it's got my photos plastered all over it.
It's the perfect use of my photos really. They're being lived and loved, as they ought to be. Not just shoved in a draw only to be looked at on special occasions. Can you tell I'm one of those 'use the good china all the time' kind of girls?



And inside theirs a little magnet that's now on my fridge quoting one of their favourite Leunig poems.


I also like finding out what couples are up to, once their wedding day has come and gone and their new life together is in full swing. Michaela and Leon have just bought their first house, and next time I'm up in Shepparton I'll have to pop in and have a look.

In completely unrelated, and utterly indulgent news, I've re-arranged my bookcase. Why do I love it so? Because I've colour co-ordinated it. I've got the whole colour spectrum thing going on now.




It's beautiful, and I look at it all. the. time. There's not much beauty going on in my house (it's a rental, and it's from the 70's. Need I say more?) So to have this burst of colour really lifts the mood of the place.



And who would have thought that so many books had red covers?

*Meaghan

What I'm watching: United States of Tara (check out the opening credits)

8 comments:

Janet Palmer August 11, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Awesome.. Ive got a similar idea for our wedding thankyou cards... must get onto it!

Loved United States of Tara :)

Philly August 11, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

They look great! What a sweet thing to get in the mail!

Jen Stocks August 12, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

How lovely - what an awesome card. I love reading your blog.I love your writing and the way your mind works...

kate ellis August 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

omg. i swear. you could be my clone. except you write better. and well ... do a whole lot of things bettter. but ... I have done the colour spectrum thingo too ... not just with books, but cds too! ... omg and I am totally in love with Toni Collette in USofT! Gotta love that woman!

Your imagery is awesome dude. love it.

Netra Chetty August 12, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

Oh I love the card, bird and egg - how cuuuuute!

I've never ever thought of doing a colour spectrum sort of my books - looks great, must ponder this a bit more...

Bianca Dopson August 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

heheh...you're such a dork! lol. But I gotta say, it does look completely awesome! The books that is! And.. what a gorgeous thank you card, that is so thoughtful of them and so creative!

sarah August 19, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

This is wonderful, and seems to be very 'you'.

Renee Bell August 21, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

wow I love the thankyou card!!!!
so so cool....

hehe about the books - very cool :-)

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP