Monday, August 10, 2009

A date with tea and jam

On the weekend I had the very sweet pleasure of finally meeting two people I've 'known' for awhile. When I say known, I mean we've been online buddies through our various photography connections for ages.

It was wonderful, so wonderful to finally meet Kate and Nathan Vale in person. Kate and Nathan run the splendidly named Tea and Jam Photography. To hear what their voices sound like, to put together all the photos I've seen of them, and by them, into what I saw before me, was an absolute joy.

Kate and Nathan and their sweetie pies Maya and Pepper, were in Torquay to catch some much needed sun (they come from Ballarat which is notorious for it's cold cold winters), so we met up. Kate and I talked family, private schools, and crazy weddings in Shepparton orchards. Nathan and I chatted photos, lenses, and the challenge of photographing children.



Of course, I had to take them to the daffodil field that's near by. A photographer's delight! I could see Nathan's eyes darting this way and that working out the best way to capture the mass of yellow.



Maya wandered about grandly amoungst the flowers, with my little Miles following close behind.





I feel something Alice in Wonderlandy in this one. You know the bit where Alice visits the singing flowers?




Nathan doing what he does best.



Go and check out Nathan and Kate's blog for Nathan's photos from our play in the field. Especially the last one of Miles. I'm dying to have it hanging on my wall.

* Meaghan

What I'm reading: back issues of Dumbo Feather, Pass It On
What I'm lisetning to: You Really Got a Hold On Me cover version by She and Him

7 comments:

Little Pinwheel August 10, 2009 at 9:01 PM  

divine as always! wow, now that is a date I would love to have come to! That field is amazing for photos with littlies!
x

Lauren August 10, 2009 at 9:07 PM  

Gorgeous!! can understand having to get out of cold ballarat too :)

Nathan Vale August 10, 2009 at 9:13 PM  

http://meaghancookblog.blogspot.com/

Nathan Vale August 10, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

Wonderful post.I love that first B/W of Maya - that look you captured
of her deciding what flower to pick next is perfect. I look like such
a dork! PS Ive got a few pics from the shoot - I'll zip then all up so
you can download them off our site and do what you want with them.

Unknown August 11, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

great colours. Love them all.

kate ellis August 12, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

love. it. all.

Selina August 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

Where is this? it's gorgeous

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP