Monday, August 31, 2009

Maternity - Olivia

When I hear the word maternity, it doesn't conjure up good things. It makes me think of faded maternity bras and frumpy dresses that look more like tents.

But Olivia has blown that image of maternity, and pregnancy out of the water for me.




Meet Olivia. 36 weeks pregnant. Let me just repeat that so it sinks in. 36 weeks pregnant.



Stunning!





Olivia wanted some photos to celebrate her pregnancy, and the impending arrival of her baby. I was determined to take photos that reflect who she is, not just the fact that she's pregnant.



Olivia is a free spirit. She's driven, extremely hard working. She's also sensitive, and serious.



She's also the kind of girl who takes life in her stride. Rock solid.



But she's also soft, gentle and warm. She has a laugh that fills the sky.



She's beautiful, of course she's beautiful. But it's the beauty on the inside that really shone through.





Olivia's like every first time mother - eager to meet her baby, unsure of what to expect. But she also has a realistic view of it all. She knows the baby will change her life, but wants her baby to be able to share her life, not take it over completely. The day the baby is born, they will be starting their journey together.



Olivia knows it will be hard at times, but well worth it.



* Meaghan

What I'm reading: Peppermint magazine
Listening to: You remind me of home by Ben Gibbard

8 comments:

Bec September 1, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Wow Meaghan, all of these shots are stunning. I certainly wish I looked that good at 36 weeks. I especially love the last image.

Kate Ellis September 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM  

super lovely (again) well done meghan gorgeous stuff .... :)

nicolepearcephotography September 1, 2009 at 3:54 PM  

Wow she looks amazing and so do the photos, well done.

Gemma Higgins-Sears September 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM  

ummm.... WOW.... she looks AMAZING! your images are just as divine missy. that last shot, WOW.

Renee Bell September 2, 2009 at 10:10 PM  

wow... love love love!!!!
gorgeous girl, gorgeous words...

Rachael Kelly September 7, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

wow these are gorgeous love them all totally in love with that last one wow

Hannah September 7, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

These are totally gorgeous Meaghan - the sun flare in the last one makes me tres happy. She looks ah-mah-zing! I don't look that good now and I am as unpregnant as can be!

Unknown September 7, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

Gorgeous images. She looks so happy and relaxed.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP