Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sweetheart Session - Monique and Peter

Everyone remembers how they meet 'the one'. I love hearing these stories. They are always different, special, and extremely vivid.

With Monique and Pete, it's no different. Pete saw Monique and thought she was cute (I'd have to agree on that). Then he heard her sing. 'It was amazing,' he remembers, and knew he had to talk to her. He knew he had to meet this girl. 'I think I went up and said something like "you're a good singer".'



And that was way back when Monique was just 15. She's still a fantastic singer, still very cute, and now very much in love with the shy guy who complimented her on her voice.



I'm not able to photograph Pete and Monique's wedding, but these guys still wanted to have a Sweetheart Session. I'm so glad they did, because we had a blast. From romping on the basketball court, to enjoying dusk on the beach, all of it was wonderful.



Monique's got this way about her. This way that makes you melt.





Kissing behind the shelter sheds at school. Love it!



All these shots were taken down in Queenscliff. I searched and searched for the perfect basketball court. I struck absolute gold when I found one that overlooked Swan Bay.





Pete's absolutely great fun, and I can see why Monique is drawn to him. He doesn't take himself to seriously, but at the same time is genuine, warm and insightful.



Then on to the beach. Ahhh, the beach. Never ceases to make me feel alive (as trite as that sounds).





I think has got to be my favourite shot. Love love love. The way she's peeking out, her hair, just perfect.







Monique and Pete are blissfully in love. It was apparent in everything they did. It was wonderful to watch two people so happy, so relaxed, so themselves.



They say that when you find 'the one' that it's like finding the other half of yourself. That's definitely the case for Monique and Pete.



* Meaghan

10 comments:

Unknown August 26, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

absolutely stunning and fun and perfect!!!

Danielle Stahl August 26, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

Amazing photos! I love the "storytelling". What a beautiful couple.

tasj August 27, 2009 at 12:22 AM  

Beautiful Meaghan, my favourite is your favourite too! xx

Kirsten Alana August 27, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

I can DEFINITELY see the love. These images are gorgeous and I can imagine they are so truly happy with them!!

whint August 27, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Just beautiful as always Meaghan.... getting excited about seeing you next weekend!!!

Jen Stocks August 27, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

Oh woman! You just continue to smash the boundaries. These are phenomonal. I so want you to do some of damien and I. No kids! One day babe! One day!

kate ellis August 28, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

beautiful. beautiful. as always. Kx

Bianca August 30, 2009 at 10:09 PM  

These are so amazing and your words, as always are perfect. What a fabulous story they have to tell. I will wait in line for you my friend, after Jen can it be my turn? :o)
Bx

MEAGHAN COOK PHOTOGRAPHY BOUTIQUE August 31, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

I would love love love to photograph you guys! Especially if it ment a trip up to visit.
Meaghan xox

Renee Bell September 2, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

awesome!!!!!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP