Sunday, September 20, 2009

Wedding - Maree and Nathan

Before I got into this wedding photography game, I'd never heard the term 'wedding season'. Sure, I knew of footy season and other sport related seasons, and even theatre seasons. But never had I heard of wedding season.



Wedding season is apparently referring to the months of the year that are popular for weddings (warmer months). I'm starting to see the parallels between wedding season, and footy season. You need to put in pre-season training, you need stamina, you need to take it one week at a time. I'm only four weddings into the season which kicked off in August. The season runs right through to May, so it really is only early days. I'm making sure I'm keeping my fluids up, eating lots of hearty pasta for energy, and doing daily trigger finger exercises.



Maree and Nathan's wedding was number two of the season. I travelled up to Shepparton for the occasion, and it was nice to be back there. The blossoms were out in all the fruit orchards, and it really is a dream to see (and frolic in).

It rained and rained and rained on their wedding day. Being farmers they felt bad cursing the rain, but no one wants rain on their wedding day. But Maree shone beautifully despite the weather.



But after a change of venue, it all worked out beautifully.



The swirly weather actually made for wonderful skies.



One of those in between moments that make me laugh.



Sunset on the top of Mount Major = the perfect way to end a wedding.





I'm off to do some wedding season training (read: have a cuppa, put my feet up, read my book)

* Meaghan

What I'm reading: On Photography by Susan Sontag
What I'm watching: Revolutionary Road

7 comments:

astrogirl529 September 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

That sky is fabulous!

Bianca September 20, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Oh I cannot wait to see what you come up with this 'season' . What a beautiful couple! They do say its good luck to have rain on your wedding!! :o)
P.S..pasta is a carbohydrate!! (you have to sing that line) lol

Kristy Bradford September 21, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

These are fantastic. The bride has sucg a beautiful smile! Oh and rain on your wedding day is supposed to mean good luck (or so I've heard!).

gemma higgins-sears September 21, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

gorgeous images as always... love how the couple embraced the weather!! what a beautiful attitude! Bride looks stunning!

The Laughing Athlete September 21, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

LOVE the photo of the yellow flowers in the field.....amazing wedding!

Susan Wall September 21, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

what a location, and the sky is amazing!!
Looks like you all rocked the weather!

Renee Bell September 21, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

glad that it all worked out in the end.... They look gorgeous and I am sure the bride and groom are sooo happy they chose you as their wedding photographer!!! Well done!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP