Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Wedding - Melissa and Justin

I walked into Mel's hotel room a few hours before her wedding with jelly legs. Mel's a good friend of mine and I was so nervous about shooting her wedding. Having spent an hour on the West Gate Bridge and subsequently being late didn't help the nerves. I was praying to the photography gods to be on my side, and not let my basic photography skills (such as being able to locate the on switch for my camera) fail me.





Mel's dress was incredible. And there was quite an art to getting her into it.





Mel and Justin's daughter Reagan checking out the birds outside with her grandmother.



The dress! Loved the dress.













And on to the ceremony. You couldn't have asked for a better location. Brighton Beach, overlooking the bay. The bay dialed it's sparkle factor up to 100, just for the wedding.



Justin's mum standing in front of the most gorgeous tree.







What do you do to get a toddler to look at your camera? You wave like a goose, that's what. Bridal party happily provided more sophisticated waves than what I was doing from behind the camera.



I was surrounded by people I knew at this wedding. Meet Bec. Her and I go WAY back. It was brilliant to see her again, smile at her, and get all giddy hearing how wonderfully well she is doing.





Being in Brighton, you can probably guess where we headed for some photos.



Us and three other weddings! It was a flurry of dresses and camera's and bouquets.







Two of my favourite moments in the world.











It really was a wonderful day. My photography skills stayed with me seeing as though I repeatedly remembered how to turn my camera on. The most wonderful part though was being there to witness Mel and Justin getting married amoungst family and friends. Just magical.



* Meaghan

10 comments:

Lara December 15, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

Hi Meaghan, another cracking group of photos. I liked your story about worrying that you wont be able to do your job. After I've had a week off I always feel like I've forgotten how to be a doctor but then I get to work and my patients start talking and it's all back! I missed your call because I left my phone in Bathurst on the weekend. I'm back for good this weekend so I'll give you a buzz soon - Portarlington here I come (hello neighbores!).

Katie Toland December 15, 2009 at 10:53 PM  

Meaghan these are all just gorgeous!! I'm positive they will be absolutly thrilled with them.

Lynn December 16, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

Meaghan, these are absolutely lovely. I would be thrilled to receive them! Every time i look at your blog i am dissapointed you didn't start doing this in time for my wedding!

gemma Higgins-Sears December 16, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

amazing as usual Meaghan, i'm glad you remembered how to turn the camera on!! hehe
gorgeous weather and gorgeous light.
Really love them all!

Renee Bell December 16, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

LOVE them Meaghan!
Gorgeous as per usual!!!

Susan Wall December 17, 2009 at 5:12 PM  

wow such a stunning collection of images Meaghan, love all the colours and the connection you have captured here.
brilliant x

Mark December 22, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

These are stunning!!

Kat Forsyth December 23, 2009 at 3:46 AM  

For some reason my slow internet won't load all the photos, but I can see most of them and they look so lovely and bright and happy!

Patti Wallington (Niagara Falls Wedding Planner) December 29, 2009 at 5:25 AM  

The wedding photography is spectacular! You did a wonderful job on this wedding - I especially love the dress shots and the angles you used. Very nice work!!!

MelC December 5, 2021 at 8:31 AM  

12 years today Megs, and still timeless photos ❤️

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP