Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Angel family

This might just look like a large number of people standing in a line (albeit good looking people). But it's not. It's a family who are scattered all over the world finally being in the one place at the one time. The Angel family wanted a family photo, because the few times they are all together are times to be cherished.





The lovely woman in the middle is my friend Yvette. I met her when I'd just moved to Ocean Grove. She's been a delight in my life ever since. She organised the whole family photo shoot, as a surprise to her parents.









The wonderful woman getting swamped by cuddles from her nieces is Tash. Tash looked after my children one day a week this year. She is the best.nanny.ever! Miles and Ryan would squeal with delight when she arrived, and talk about her long after she had left for the day.




And the two people responsible for this dynamic brood. If when I'm their age, I've got a loving and vivacious family such as this one, I will be a very happy person.



The two little ones running in this photo were born on the same day, but on opposite sides of the world. They are the best of friends when ever they see each other, perhaps already truly understanding the bond they share.



These last two photos make it into my all time favourite list. They perfectly capture Yvette and her son Jem. They have such a gentle and warm relationship. Yvette is one of those mother's with bucket loads of patience, ingenuity and creativity. She's not only good with Jem, she's great with my kids. Even when they are at their most challenging! Now that's good.



I hope that it's not too far in the future that you can all be together again.

* Meaghan

6 comments:

Tash January 17, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

Meaghan! You brought tears to my eyes with your beautiful photos and your beautiful words!! All I can say is you are the best photographer in the world!!!Thanks so much xxxxxxx Tash

Denning family January 17, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

Ah, you are a sweetie. You captured our family so well what a lovely memory we have of that afternoon. Not tired, fussy children and a harassed, bossy photographer, but a fun time in the afternoon sun with all our fantastic family and a lovely friend who also happened to have a camera. What a pleasure it was to watch you work to create your magical photos.

Kristen Cook January 17, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

This is nothing short of amazing Meaghan and those last two are two die for!!

Kristy Bradford January 17, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

What beautiful memories this family will now have to look back on! Love those last two aswell, they have a real depth and serenity to them.

fiona carson January 17, 2010 at 10:22 PM  

how wonderful, Meaghan. all gorgeous!

Hannah January 18, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

These are really gorgeous, Meaghan. I particularly love the last two. And your connection with them seems so real, too.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP