Monday, January 18, 2010

Wedding - Joni and Dave

Joni and Dave chose the last day of the decade to get married. What better date for a party? I sat outside Joni's hotel, munching on an apple just before I was about to go up to start shooting, thinking 'what a way to end the year'. It had been an amazing year for me, and I felt lucky to be spending the last day of it doing what I loved.

And shooting a wedding of people that I loved. Joni and I clicked from the first email. She's genuine and funny. My two favourite things in the world. So to be a part of her wedding day was extremely special.







These are Joni and Dave's amazing little girls. I've told Joni that I'm going to borrow them, a lot. They are so intelligent is scares me. One of my favourite moments from the wedding was when the littlest one took my hand to cross the road.



And here's Joni.









Joni, you're gorgeous. You hear me? Gorgeous!





Too young to show a bit of leg?



Joni had the perfect bridesmaids. Rachael, below, Taron and Janet were absolute marvels. They were witty and fun, calm and calming.





We stopped off at Hosier Lane for some photos. And how could we not?









Joni and Dave are so gentle and warm with each other. I've seen them parent, and they are still gentle and warm. That's tough when you've got two little ones under 5.







Killer heels my dear.





The reception was at the sensational Father Flanagan's in Brunswick. I took photos of books and typewriters. Naturally.









Thank you Joni and Dave for a sensational New years eve. For letting me into your lives. For letting me help get your girls into their flower-girl dresses. For putting the perfect finishing touch on a wonderful year.



* Meaghan

4 comments:

Narrelle January 18, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

What a wonderful way, indeed, to end the new year. Love the dancing shots. xx

Kristen Cook | Weddings January 18, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Your words are always just as beautiful as your gorgeous images Meaghan. Fantastic amazing job as usual

Joni Roper..opps...Hughes! January 19, 2010 at 6:22 PM  

I agree Kristen...I adore how you can be so visually creative and so thoughtful with your words, not many people are bless with the ability to do both.

I can't thank you enough for all your help on the day. Thank you for being my girls Jungle Gym and friend. I have received so many compliments about you, everyone was asking were I found you...and some thought we must have been long time friends :0)

You take such amazing photos...I must have had some good karma owing to have found you!

Thank you thank you thank you xxx

Unknown January 20, 2010 at 7:53 AM  

Your pics are simply lovely. Stunning. (I'm taking Holly's class and was perusing the other blogs.) I love your blog, I LOVE your pics.

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP