Saturday, February 6, 2010

Big kid (with teddy in tow)

Miles took his first step into formal education this week. It was his first day of three year old kindergarten. We packed his lunch, put his name on everything with black marker, and held his hand as he stepped through the door.



He walked straight in a hugged the teacher. Got to love that kid.

I know it's not the same as the first day of school. But to me, even going to kinder is big. Mainly because I never got to this stage in my head. During my pregnancy I though a lot about baby world, and even thought a lot about what it would be like when the baby grew up and finished school. But I didn't think the years in between.

So it kind of hit me hard when I dropped him off at kinder. It wasn't that I was teary or upset. I was more 'wow, this kid is growing up'.

Miles (and I!) couldnot be any more ready for this next step.

* Meaghan

What I'm reading: For good schools, forget the net, try the toilets by John Marsden in today's The Age. I'm currently researching schools for Miles and Ryan. I take their education extremely seriously. I won't just send them to a school because it's the closest to my house. This article articulates what I feel about education is so important. I've cut it out and stuck it on the fridge, it's that good.
What I'm watching: Whip It Ellen Page, you had me at 'Let's skate

3 comments:

Bianca February 6, 2010 at 11:00 PM  

oh dear he looks so precious! I love it! Yay Miles!! Yay Meaghan for not being upset! You did better than I did!

Unknown February 7, 2010 at 2:15 AM  

He does look ready!

Lynn February 8, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

great article in the what im reading section!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP