Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Announcing: PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP!

I was always a better basketball coach than I was a player. I was always better at editing other people's stories when I was a journalist than I was at writing my own. When I did my teaching degree I was told I was a natural. So I took all of that into consideration when dreaming up photography workshops.

I've already been teaching quite a few aspiring photographers. Some have come with me to weddings, some have been emailing me with questions, some come over and have coffee and ask me all about it. It's all been really rewarding for me. I'm loving seeing people grow in their confidence with their photos. I got an email today that read 'I've got it!' and I beamed. I took all this into consideration too when dreaming up photography workshops.

I also know how hard it is to find the answers to photography questions. Most of my answers have come from other photographers who were kind enough to indulge me. Being self-taught, I know how hard it is to have a problem, not know the answer, and to spend hours trawling the internet for the answer only to come up with conflicting information. When teaching myself I was always wishing there was one simple way to get the information I needed to get me on the photography road. So I considered this also when dreaming up photography workshops.

Now all that dreaming is finally coming true as I am proud to announce my first photography workshop.



when: SUNDAY 13TH JUNE 2010
time: 9am - 5pm
where: my home studio in OCEAN GROVE

Places are limited to 8, and I've already got people on the waiting list.

The workshop is aimed at people who have digital SLR's and want to learn how to get the best out of them. I'm going to be teaching all the techniques I use every time I take a photograph.

Contact me meaghan@meaghancook.com or 0419335563 to get more information.

I'm so excited about this. My heart is skipping a beat.

* Meaghan


Contact Meaghan | Join the FACEBOOK PAGE | Follow on TWITTER

4 comments:

Christine Pobke April 21, 2010 at 11:19 AM  

that is SOOOO exciting meaghan! i always got the feeling you were an awesome teacher, so this workshop doesn't surprise me!! i'm sure it's going to be absolutely wonderful - lucky melbourne peeps! :)

Sarah Gibson April 22, 2010 at 10:20 AM  

Oh yeah I'm gonna rock what I got!
Can't wait xx

Life at no2 April 23, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

Ooo me too!! I'm going to rock it with Sarah Gibson aka Sarah BOWEN!

Claire April 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

AWESOME!!!!
I wish I could come :(
You really do rock girl!

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP