Sunday, April 4, 2010

Let there be light!

You know those ads on telly, where the kids are being particularly cute in a big bath in a bathroom filled with light. There's usually a yellow rubber duck somewhere in shot, and bubbles placed very carefully on it's head. I've always hated those ads. Not for their cliched bubble-gum naffyness. But because I've secretly always coveted the bathroom.



Once I moved out of home I've always lived in houses with dark dank bathrooms. The tiles were always straight from the 70's. One bathroom had the showerhead coming out of the roof and raining down onto the beach coloured shower base below. Gorgeous.



So I despised those ads because they made me want something I thought I'd never have. A light filled bathroom.





But day of all days, our new bathroom is exactly that. There's a window the size of a fridge that lets in all the afternoon sun. It twinkles and dazzles and makes bath time a zillion times more enjoyable.

Right Miles?



I love that I can finally take photos of the kids in the bath. There's shiny surfaces a plenty for the light to bounce off. I just have to keep the camera out of the splash zone.



This new house thing is going well. Going very well indeed. I'm going to get me a yellow rubber duck.





* Meaghan

4 comments:

Christine Pobke April 6, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

nope: definitely NOT wrong to love a bathroom this much! :) i would love it this much too! :) adorable shots meaghan! xoxo

Bianca April 6, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

love it! Yay for light! The boys faces cracked me up, the look oh so happy in their white bath tub!

Belinda Cook April 9, 2010 at 9:56 AM  

Beuatiful images, beautiful light and the children are just gorgeous. Great set of images.

Sandy Springs Kitchen Renovations November 14, 2022 at 6:18 PM  

Thank you for being yyou

SIGN UP!

Receive exclusive news, updates, camera and business tips
* indicates required

Blog Archive

Search The Journal

About Meaghan Cook Photography Boutique

For more lovliness view The Boutique website

For photo inquiries please contact meaghan@meaghancook.com. 

'Photography makes my eyes prickle, my fingers tingle, and my heart thump in my chest.' - Meaghan

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP